Why the system does not accept my paypal account even if it is a verified account ?

Justice Rainier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a verified paypal account and i used a credit card info before. Now, the credit card i've used is a closed account. I have a new credit card and opened a verified paypal account with it. I am Trying to delete my existing credit card info. that i used before and continue with my paypal account. But when i do that, after the agreement screen on paypal, it says "u r successfuly made an agreement with Linden Research Lab." and then i am clickin' on the "Return to this store Linden Researc" then my account is loading on SL site, system says that :

"An error occurred while processing your request."

"You must have a verified PayPal account to continue"

Please help me with that. I tried everything, i deleted my billing info. but in the game, it is still using it i think, cuz in my profile on sl, it says "payment information used" I am going mad with this issue!...

11 answers to this question

Are you outside of the US?

If so Paypal is no longer an accepted method of payment. If it is already on your account you can continue to use it, but if you try to update it or remove it it cannot be added back.

For further clarification you can call the toll-free Billing number on:

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

* France: 0805.101.490
* Germany: 0800.664.5510
* Japan: 0066.33.132.830
* Portugal: 800.814.450
* Spain: 800.300.560
* UK: 0800.048.4646
* Support is in English Only

• Like 1

It sounds like the system isn`t recognising that the Paypal account is verfied, it could be a temporary bug that fixes itself, but only a Linden can tell you that for sure.

Are you a premium member? If so have a word with LiveChat, if not, all you can do is submit a ticket on https://support.secondlife.com/ & keep trying to see if it does fix itself.

For those of us outside of the US, another new rule is that you now have to actually buy Lindens (even the minimum amount) to get payment info on your account. You can no longer just add the info.

Instead of "Payment info on File" it will "Payment info Used" on your profile.

Paypal as a method of payment has been removed for all non-US accounts, not just the Basic ones. The only exception is if you already have it on your account, you are allowed to keep it there.

You can buy L$ once through Lindex on your alt account to get your payment info on file for that one - It is their way of confirming that it is a valid payment method.

The US$ balance that you have on your main account, you will need to Transfer out to your PayPal account or you can use it to buy L$ to send to your alt to spend, but that will not get Payment info onto your alt account.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.