Can I build and sell items with a "free" account.

Piie Maverick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Yes you can build and sell.

You can build in one of the many Public sandboxes. Inworld open Search / Places / Sandbox, you can also search places and refine the search to Linden Locations.

Starting with few resources is a challenge but possible. You will store the items in your Inventory, you can list the items in your profile until you can afford to rent a sales shop, booth or rent your own store. You will need a few L$ to upload images of your completed work to list in the Pick's in your avatar profile page. Send me an Instant Message Inworld for help with the pics if you need.

Sandbox Cordova
Sandbox Goguen
Sandbox Newcomb
Sandbox Wanderton
Sandbox Island

• Like 3

You can sell your items in Marketplace if you don't have a store in-world yet. All you need is a land where you can rezz  the magicbox (magicbox has to be always rezzed) and list your items in website. Read more about selling in marketplace in Knowledge Base here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Selling-in-the-Marketplace/ta-p/700193

• Like 2

You can do absolutely everything with a free account that you can do with a Premium account, provided that you do not want to own mainland in your own name & you are happy to have limited support.

You can get land on a private sim to set up your shop & in time when you are successful you can even buy your own sim & then you will get Consierge level support which is actually a bit better than Premium.

To get started you can build in sandboxes which are also free & you can easily find them by using Map search and typing the word Sandbox. Check the rules of the sandbox that you are building in, they all clear off all the prims at certain time intervals to keep them tidy of abandoned prims, for some it is once a day for others it can be every couple of hours, so keep taking copies of your creations as you work so that you don`t lose them.

There are storage areas where you can place your magicbox for a rental fee.  That keeps you from having to purchase or rent land.  Even so, sometimes rental land will not allow you to set out magic boxes so check the covenant if you ever decide to go that route.  Do a search for 'Server Storage Service' and you will find places that will let you set out your magic box for a weekly/monthly fee.

Good luck!

You are able to rent shop space even without a paid account.  I won't repeat what's already been said regarding building space, since it's been so completely covered.

But, with a free account, just because you can't own your own chunk of land, doesn't mean you can't rent a shop and/or a home.  In fact I use my home for storage and some building, and my shop space for more building.  I've had a free account for close to two years now.  Some estates will even rent parcels of land with full manager rights, with no need for a paid account whatsoever (plug: Lionheart, where my main store is, is an excellent place for a shop space, and they have a "data center" that rents out cubbies to keep servers--such as XStreet boxes--for L$150/month).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.