Halp. Intel x Lenovo x All viewers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. I'm having problems out the ass. 

I got online today and purchase a bunch of stuff from a Gacha for a rare. Got the rare and tp'd home, set it down, and it disappeared. I've been having trouble rezzing things the last few days and relogging pretty much fixed the problem, but this time it did not. My viewers always run at a Million KBS and are now running at 600kb, which is weird. Someone told me it was my drivers, so I ran updates, reinstalled stuff, and all that great jazz.

What else could be the problem? I have full bars on WIFI and Ethernet connectivity. 

When I log in, I have the cute cloud that lets me know I'm not rezzed in yet. TPing elsewhere fixes this except for my head, as all the things I have on my avatar are mesh (Mesh head, body, hands, feet, hair, etc.) so I don't know where to fix that either, or what the hell the problem even is.

Stats? (I don't know anything about this stuff so i'm just taking screenshots..)

Properties?: 

e0c1eb3c30a302b27603d9199ead88e8.png

4ed8972ff79e6840c95e3f938fafa9c5.png

I don't know what else to offer for insight, maybe my preferences?

I am currently logged into the original Secondlife viewer, but problem persist on Firestorm AND Alchemy.

Preferences (note:nothing has been altered as I do not use the SL viewer, but thought it'd help anyway?)

pref.png

At a guess, try removing any tattoo layers you're wearing. Do this one at a time, until none are left.

See if you can rez in like that.

I don't really understand much of what you've written (like why you say you're using ethernet AND wifi), but if it's not layer-related it's almost certainly network/connection stuff. What would be more useful than random screenshots from your Control Panel, is a copy-paste of the information written in your viewer at Help > About.

Failing that, I dunno, do this?

Oh! Right, that makes sense actually. I had a gigantic curry not long ago and it's sedated me fairly well. Thanks for explaining. :D

I'd definitely go with network issues. It's going to be more interesting to check your router, pings through to a Linden Lab owned server. From the Troubleshoot Your SL Connection blog by Nalates, this starts at the section headed: On Your End.

If I don't fall asleep first, I'll look over any posted results that look strange to you.

lotusmortality wrote: Got the rare and tp'd home, set it down, and it disappeared. I've been having trouble rezzing things the last few days and relogging pretty much fixed the problem, but this time it did not. 

I agree that the rest of this is most likely a network problem, but this bit could be unrelated to that.

Firstly, never rez anything on a Mesh surface. Well, not sculpty either. Only on a simple flat prim (best) or on the ground, then move it into place.

Now, this particular item. First, I'd suggest logging out, manually deleting your viewer's object cache from the filesystem, and logging in again. See if the object is in-world where you tried to rez it, or maybe back in your Inventory in the original folder or in Lost&Found. If not, then it's very likely rezzed somewhere in-world but possibly hundreds of meters away from where you tried to rez it. If you're lucky, it may get returned to you when a neighbour's auto-return kicks in, or many months later when they return everything from their land.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.