Mesh Body Light Difference

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone! I've gotten used to my Maitreya Lara Mesh Body recently but one thing really bothers me. There is this light difference, especially around the legs.

Is there anything I can do? A certain face/body light object or settings in my viewer? I'm using Firestorm, the latest version.

Below you'll see how it looks, it's not just in the 'red' light but also in normal light.

Snapshot_001.png

There is a rendering difference between mesh and the avatar surface, but I have been seeing a similar effect on an avatar face. And I was using Firestorm too. Some testing suggested that the Windlight setting might be responsibly, possible combined with locking the lighting to midday.

Mostly I stick with a "furry" avatar, which doesn't seem to produce these strange shadows. I never did bother to test a facelight, which wouldn't help with these legs anyway.

It looks very wrong, not like real shadows, but what I do know of rendering methods suggests that you would have to go to a full ray-tracing system. Real shadows are modified by light reflected by the environment.

Your image looks like you have hardware Skinning disabled. You must have this setting enabled or those mesh bodies look really streaky like that.

Preferences -> Graphics -> General -> Hardware Skinning -> Tick it.

You must have Basic Shaders enabled in order to enable Hardware Skinning.

If that doesn't help, can you take a screenshot of your preferences under Graphics -> General & attach it here.

You're absolutely my hero.

First, with my old AMD driver and I had hardware skinning on, my whole clothes / avatar dissapeared. With my updated driver I thought it was still the same so I didn't have it enabled. But now I have it enabled, it looks wonderful. Thanks! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

prefs........graphics,.........quality and speed..set to lowest.......than check hardware skinning....if necessary check Avatar cloth. I am not on the latest firestorm,,,,,went to the one before it.........now all works great, so far.  it also might work with the latest firestorm.....and I also am using openism and sl firestorm 32 and 64 bit.  Wont hurt to try it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.