i can't see my saved outfits in "My Outfits"

Jinny Arun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

last year i think it happens same thing. i can't find my saved clothes. what's wrong>? and i think i wrote my questeion. but it's gone..anyway..please help me.. i can't see it. it's becasue of bugs like last year? i want it back. please!!!

2 answers to this question

We need more information. When asking a technical question include information from your viewer's HELP->About... Edit your post using OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

Inventory problems are usually caused by connection problems. Having a good Internet connection does not mean you have a good connection to the SL servers. Test to SL: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

If the connection is good, the region you are in may be having problems. After the Tuesday and Wednesday restarts some regions cannot access the backend servers properly. They will remain that way until the problem is reported and corrected. The work-around is to try 3 or 4 different regions to find one that is working correctly.

If it is Tuesday try to get to a region in one of the RC channels. If it is Wednesday, target non-RC regions. The list of RC regions has about 5 thousand regions... You can tell if you are in the main channel or an RC channel by looking in your HELP->About... If it is an RC channel it will show a channel name; Blue Steal, La Tigre, or Magnum. When you find one, landmark it for future use.

Clearing the cache is an absolute last resort. Depending on the problem, clearing the cache can make things worse. So, try everything else before clearing.

Outfits have a couple of...um, features...that you should be aware of.

First, in the latest SL viewer and some up-to-date third party viewers, you can no longer create sub-folders within the system folder "Outfits."  So, you could have a problem if you tried to save your appearance as an Outfit in Outfits\Dresses\Summer\Casual.

(You CAN create subfolders of Outfits, though.  Just don't save them in the system Outfits folder.  Make your own Outfits folder and any subfolders you like within it, then save the Outfit there.)

Second, everything in an Outfit is a Link.  Links are not the actual item, but a pointer to that item, like a Windows shortcut.  Deleting or losing the Outfit or any of the Links in it does not lose the items themselves.  Those are still safe, elsewhere in your Inventory.  If you forgot where that is, try doing an inventory Search for them.  Once you have found them, you can re-create your Outfit and save it.

(Conversely, if you deleted the actual clothing items, the Links in the Outfit will say [broken_link] and are useless.  You may as well delete any broken links.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.