I get hung up at "Requesting Region Capabilities"

Autumn Easterling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

I am getting the same thing, no wfor the last three days i can get into and up to rqusting region handshake after that, i gt the error message that says there is a proble wither with my internet or soething along their lines   I fi t  was my internet, I wuldn't be able to get to yahoo or acebook.  and I have a few alt that it is doing this to,  Please can someone help us

"Capabilities" is the term used for access to certain critical databases that contain your inventory, your group list and your friends list, among other things.  All of those have to be loaded or verified during the login process.  When you get that particular error message, it's telling you that you are not fully logged in. 

The problem is somewhere in your Internet connection.  It has nothing to do with bandwidth.  SL really uses surprisingly little bandwidth.  It is very finicky about stability, however.  Your Internet connection may be fine for doing simple things like web browsing, watching YouTube videos, and playing a lot of on-line games. SL expects to be able to stream data back and forth continuously, though, up to 45 times a second.  If you are losing data packets or if your connection is slowed down by a blockage somewhere, so that its ping time is too long, SL will drop the connection.

You might be able to solve the problem by simply rebooting both your modem and your router and restarting your computer. Get off wireless too, BTW.  Some people have no trouble with a wifi connection, but Linden Lab does not support it.  (See https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Wifi-and-satellite-connections/ta-p/1296823 ) . If resetting the connection doesn't work, you'll have to do some more exhaustive troubleshooting.  Read Nalates's blog for suggestions >>> http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

• Like 2

I get that quite frequently, and find it can usually be resolved simply by logging in to a different region.     Once I'm in-world, I can usually tp to the first region OK.

In extreme cases, rebooting my router usually fixes it -- simply disconnect the rounter from the computer and the power cable both, leave it a minute and then charge it up again and then, when the lights have stopped flashing, hook it back up to the computer.     That fixes a lot of SL problems (it's a fix I was told by the sadly missed Spike Linden, of blessed memory).

i log into 2 accounts at the same time i have the same issue some of the time, at other times i login both accounts successfully with no issues then i get dced after 15-20 mins of being logged in to both of my accounts with messages "the region may be expiriencing trouble" or when trying to tp to other regions "have been disconnected from the region your in"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.