Why has my stipend stopped?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can anyone tell me why my stipends have stopped. I have had a stipend since 2005, when I joined Seconlife, but for about the last three months I have not recieved my stipend. Does anyone know why. I can't seem to contact Linden Labs. The drop boxes don't have the approperate choices for communication in the contact sections..

Hi October,

It sounds like you've dropped out of Premium Membership. Basic members don't have many Support Case choices. If you're still a premium member, you should have access to Live Chat from this page...

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

You can verify your account type on your web dashboard here...

https://secondlife.com/my/account

Under "Account Summary"->"Your Current Plan" will show you as either Basic or Premium.

It's possible the credit card you had on file for payment expired, as they all eventually do. If that's the case, you'll have to purchase premium membership again. Unfortunately the weekly stipend for new members is only L$300/week, not the L$500 you were probably getting as a 2005 oldbie.

:-(.

a 2005 account doesnt need to be premium to get stipend, also basic accounts from that time can have a, lower, stipend as long they log in every week.

@ OP try calling LL, the phone numbers of billing are

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long-Distance

Local Toll-Free numbers
  • France: 0805.101.490
  • Germany: 0800.664.5510
  • Japan: 0066.33.132.830
  • Brazil: 0800.762.1132
  • Spain: 800.300.560
  • UK: 0800.048.4646

LL has run out of money,  but doesn't want to admit it; this is because they have spent all their spare cash on expensive commercial software - rather than use Blender - to allow the ranks of developers that they have transferred from fixing the problems with the Forum login to play with new toys make themselves more widely employable by learning C# rather than LSL start working out how to make SL V2 as incompatible with the current SL as possible.

Alternatively, LL has decided to suspend all payments to those forum participants who can't even remember the rule "I before e, except after c" that they should have learned when they were about eight years old, or who can't be bothered to spell SecondLife correctly, or use the spellchecker so as not to humiliate themselves publicly with a wild guess at how to spell appropriate.

[if you want useful answers, post questions to the ANSWERS section; this is a Discussion forum]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.