Since last rollout, region performance is irratic

AiNt Ansar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Since the last rollout the sim upon which my parcel resides has behaved irratically. At regular intervals the FPS and time dilation fall dramatically. During these events it's not possible to tp in or out, in fact all functionality is lost. Between these events everything functions normally.

I have invited friends to my parcel and confirmed these events are not affecting only my own avatar.

I have attached below an image of two graphs clearly showing performance before and after the last rollout. These I hope will illustrate the situation more clearly than my own description here. I haven't posted the region location here for obvious reasons.

The region is unusable during these events. I am uncertain to whom I should address such an issue so posted here in the hope of guidance about that.

Many Thanks.

Chart Since Rollout.jpg

2 answers to this question

You would be better posting under: 

Or opening a support ticket.

As a matter of interest if you open up the stats box Shift + Ctrl + 1 and scroll down to the bottom under the section Time in the stats that start Physics Time and end with Spare Time do you see anything of note.

Between them they have 22 milliseconds to create your frame. If there is Spare Time that is good the sim isn't stressed.

If something is using 5ms that's probably ok. If something is using 10ms that is quite a heavy load. 

If something is using 18ms then that is a clue to the problem. I just plucked those numbers from thin air but you get the idea. 

The graph of the FPS (sim FPS) suggests to me that there is something going on there because they are the sub stats of the FPS. If something is using a lot of Time it slows down the frame so that you don't get the normal 45fps.

Even if it doesn't help you to solve the problem directly it is a bit more data to give support.

• Like 1

You have a really good chance of the engineers working on server software seeing your post if you place it in the latest DEPLOYS thread in Tech.

If you post in the forum it is a good idea to already have a JIRA filed. The JIRA reports offer a better level of privacy for log submissions from your viewer. Plus the report provides a rally point for the Lindens working on an issue.

Time Dilation, Server FPS, and Free Time are things that will interst the Lindens.

Also, when you region goes unusuable, that time-of-day value is important for them. They use it to wade through the massive logs of events happening in the servers. Precise time helps.

If you are not the owner of the region, get the owner involved. If you are on Linden land, your JIRA and post will be enough.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.