Delivery partially failed?

Bedlam Ansome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What do I do if I get the message 'Delivery partially failed' on a customer's order.

In this case, 8 of the same items were bought, but one has come up with this message.

When I view the order, the item that has not been delivered has the message 'Not available for redelivery' in the far right column.

How can I fix this?

Thanks...

Bedlam Ansome wrote:

What do I do if I get the message 'Delivery partially failed' on a customer's order.

In this case, 8 of the same items were bought, but one has come up with this message.

When I view the order, the item that has not been delivered has the message 'Not available for redelivery' in the far right column.

How can I fix this?

Thanks...

The attempt to deliver will eventually time out and return a hard failure. You will see this in the Order itself. At that point you can use the Redeliver option to send it again .. or you can contact the customer in-world and ask them if they have received it or not. If they have not, you can then manually give it to them.

The latter, giving it to them directly, is generally the most beneficial to you and your business as the customer realizes you are engaged and involved and not one of those "Absentee Merchants".

Please note, that if the marketplace has recorded a particular delivery as having failed, you will most likely not have been paid for it, and SLM will eventually auto-refund the customer.  So, the better thing is to explain that to the customer and offer to sell them the item in-world where there are far less delivery issues.

From this thread : Major problem with products failing to deliver!!

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Major-problem-with-products-failing-to-deliver-HELP/td-p/746899

I have found most of the fails come when buyers purchase more than one item, from more than one seller in a single transaction.

I infact, have a tip on my items for sale recommending people to buy from one seller at a time.

I could be wrong, but my report statistics tell me not.

P.S. I dont have an inworld store, just the marketplace. 

Cheers to all :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.