Seeking employement

PhotoGenius87

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I am PhotoGenius87_Resident, my display name is Mike Parnell and I am currently seeking employment. I currently do not have work experience in Second Life but I do posses Real Life experience is retail merchandising, and general maintenance. I am unaware as to how these to Real Life skills will incorporate into Second Life but if there is an employment opportunely in which those skills can be used please send me a instant message or reply to this topic.

In addition to the mentioned skills:

• I am a friendly people person capable of speaking to clients in text or voice.
  • I am not bilingual but am willing to wear a translator HUD if needed.
  • I am a fast learner and can pick up new skill rapidly.
  • I work well under pressure and with a team or by myself on projects

Availability:

• Time zone is: USA Central Time Zone (UTC-6).
  • Available for work Second Life Time M-F 5am - 11am.
  • Requested wages are open for discussion.

Thank you for you time and I hope to hear from an employer soon,

PhotoGenius87_Resident

(Mike Parnell)

I have no work experience in Second Life, I believe I stated that fact in the first post. The idea behind my avatar name: PhotoGenius87_resident is this: I do posses both an Associates Degree of Applied Science and a Certificate of Mastery in Multimedia Design but at the moment a majority of my skills are in retail merchandising and maintenance operations.

You're obviously having problems with written comprehension. I will spell it out to you.

You asked what type of skills are employers looking for.

I answered that they were perhaps looking for work experience in Second Life, of which you said you had none.

This would explain why nobody seems to want your services, something you appear to still find surprising.

[And you are obviously lacking in the skill of not overselling yourself with pretentious unverifiable claims.]

No I have great written comprehension skills and I do not see it as suprising that no one wants to employ someone with no work experience within Second Life. As for overselling myself, what the hell do you mean? I used to work at a general merchandice store and one of the requirements was product upselling to customers! I know what I'm talking about an am not being pretentious but you being right down rude.

You can't expect to just post something here and get hired, especially if you have no experience. 

Look in the inworld employment section and classifieds for jobs where they are willing to train you.  Mostly these jobs will be for clubs where you will work for tips.  DJ jobs require experience so skip those.  They will expect you to have a nice looking avatar and a suitable wardrobe for the job.

You can also go around to various clubs and get their job application and fill them out completely and return them as directed.  Most will want a  picture of you.  Be sure you have a good picture and your avatar in the picture looks suitable to the clubs genre.   Ask who the hiring managers are and try to talk to them directly if they are open to that.  Follow up politely to show you are serious about wanting work, but don't make a pest of yourself.

Don't apply to big busy clubs.  There are tons of people with lots of experience wanting jobs there because the tips are better.  Look for smaller or new clubs.  They will be more apt to hire you.

A job in a small or new club may not be your ultimate goal, but it does give you work experience.  Once you have experience handling the SL public, proven you are a good worker and you are reliable, you could then move to better jobs.

PhotoGenius87 wrote:

No I have great written comprehension skills and I do not see it as suprising that no one wants to employ someone with no work experience within Second Life. As for overselling myself, what the hell do you mean? I used to work at a general merchandice store and one of the requirements was product upselling to customers! I know what I'm talking about an am not being pretentious but you being right down rude.

"...great written comprehension skills..."?

I have counted 3 grammatical and syntax errors in your posts. And that after only a quick perusal. I suppose this means that you are able to understand butchered English. A skill that you will definitely need in SL and especially the Forums.

The Llazgun was not being rude. He answered your 'surprised' query as to why no one had contacted you after 33 views.

You need to grow a thicker skin if you want to deal with the public.

Try not to be so hyper-sensitive and defensive to helpful critique.

PS Your Ass. Degree and Cert of Mastery, are not evidence of genius. They are unsubstantiated credentials. A genius would know that.

Hey Mike,

I am looking for no drama, loyal and employees that comprehend that though this is a virtual world schedules/shifts and rules do apply.  We are not a fly by night breedable sim.. we have been here for almost 4 years now and I am well versed in the ins and outs of the breedable industry.  A well trained auctioneer on a good night with the good breedable could expect to earn a minimum of 5k but usually 6k or up on a newer breedable in about a 2 hour call shift and time spent prior setting up stalls and advertising.. all of these things i am willing to teach the right person.. If you are interested please contact me.. via notecard.. I am always always capped

Mallorie Floresby

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.