Requirements?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I am staying at a hotel before I get ready to move to a new state. My online means of logging into SL is with my HP G60-535DX Notebook. The FPS is horrible --- at least 3. Obviously I don't meet the recommended requirements, but what about the minimum requirements? I checked the C drive and it shows Free Space > 240 GB. I'm not sure what/if I should upgrade any of the hardware since it is temporary. Wish I could hook up my desktop where I'm staying.Below is the computer info off of Firestorm/Help/About Firestorm. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Kind regards,

Frank

Firestorm 4.6.9 (42974) Dec 12 2014 09:47:51 (Firestorm-Release) with Havok support
Release Notes

You are at 50.9, 46.9, 35.7 in Shiromani located at sim10360.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.51.10:13005)
SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Shiromani/51/47/36
(global coordinates 302,131.0, 280,623.0, 35.7)
Second Life RC BlueSteel 15.02.17.299090
Release Notes

CPU: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10GHz (2094.75 MHz)
Memory: 3004 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.15.0010.2302
OpenGL Version: 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2302

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.24.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1i zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.10.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.5
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.41
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Vivox 4.6.0009.20030

Settings mode: Viewer 3
Viewer Skin: Starlight (Original Orange)
Font Used: Deja Vu (96)
Draw distance: 96
Bandwidth: 500
LOD factor: 4
Render quality: Low (1/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: 512 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): unknown
Built with MSVC version 1600
Packets Lost: 481/240,395 (0.2%)

Thats pretty much the same specs as my old craptop. You will not be able to run any normal viewer very well at all.

Those Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset cards really struggle with SL.

If the wifi at your hotel is fairly stable, the SLGO service from Onlive may be worth trying. There is a 1 week free trial so if your hotel stay is short, you won't even need to pay  :)

See http://www.firestormviewer.org/firestorm-on-sl-go/

You will be able to run either Firestorm or the LL viewer using SLGO at full ultra settings without your system even breaking into a slight sweat.

However, you need a pretty stable lossless connection to use SLGO & hotel wifi tends to be anything but that. Worth a try though.

Thank you, Freya. This is just temporary until I actually move and get set up at the new place. I don't intend on "killing" this laptop for SL.

Thank you, Whirly. I searched Google Play for some SL apps, found Lumiya, Mobile Grid Client and SL
GO. Since my intended use was for keeping in contact with some of my friends I may use Mobile Grid Client for the time being and try out the SLGO free trial if I decide I want to do more than chat. I got so spoiled with my desktop and was almost certain hooking that up in the room was not an option. Ah well, better than nothing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.