Textures .. or lack thereof

Danny Nolan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was curious, has anybody been seeing a degeneration of the texture rezzing? I just walked into a sim, I've been standin here for about 5-7 minutes. Sim time dilation is 1, FPS is 45, physics 45, and my ping to the sim is 160. My internet has about 1 to 1.5kbps going downstream, but there's not a single texture loading. I'd say roughly 40-50% of the textures right now are not grey, and the rest are just blurry and not continuing to load.

I didn't look at any of the networking code whatsoever when I played with the engine previously, but how does the client know when to send requests for a texture? It seems like somewhere along the line, the texture engine just seems to stop and forget halfway through, and then never bother to start back up and continue to request textures from the servers.

Ideas, anyone? Anyone also been having these problems?

Yeah, I've been installing various iterations of the snowstorm project, and it seems to be getting worse as more builds come out. It'd be cool if someone actually knew how it worked so we could help get it resolved. It's really been a showstopper.

I wonder, sometimes about my internet, too. Tried logging on SL one day, which failed, then suddenly I couldn't do anything with my net for the rest of the night. So I'm not sure. I wouldn't be surprised. Had this modem for a loong time. haha

Not sure if it's a 2.5 thing or not. I'm pretty good with 2.5 in most places...(those that don't load I cheat by lowering my graphics slider to low and then when things load raising them back up to normal)

Phoenix and sl1.59(or whatever number it was left at) are more frequent and my cheat doesn't work in most cases. Makes me think something has changed other then the browsers...

Dim Sum Garden group banner (750x167).jpg

I think it's openjpeg.dll. I was messing around on kirsten's viewer, and tried his experimental build of the .dll that he compiled, and it actually is working a LOT better. My client still likes to only partially rez my avatar's baked textures, but everything else is a lot better and responsive.

However, his experimental .dll is, indeed, experimental. Textures like to come in red and corrupted sometimes. Traded one problem with another. haha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.