Closing An Old Group

Brendan Creeley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I started a group many years ago. Then before I deactivated my account I ejected all the members and left the group myself thinking that they group would be deleted. Since I reactivated my account last year the group that I thought would have been deleted is still visable on search. I cannot rejoin the group to deactivate it and there are no members, Is there a way that the group can be deleted from search?

1 answer to this question

You're right that the group should have self-destructed within 48 hours after the membership dropped below 2, unless the group owns land.  If you're a Premium member, submit a supposrt case to ask that it be cleaned up.  Otherwise, as a Basic member you do not have access to that category of support cases, so your only options are:

1. Become a Premium member for a month so you can submit the case or
  2. Forget about it. If there are no members now, it's unlikely that there will be any in the future (especially if people can only join by invitation).  It's aestheitically unpleasing to let the group just hang, but it's not doing you or anyone else harm.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.