Stand-up comedy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3010 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Believe it or not, stand-up comedy thrives in Second Life. I myself emcee two Comedy Open Mics, one at the Azure Jazz Club (Greer 221, 32, 22) on Monday evenings at 5:00 PM, and the other Saturday evenings at 5:00 PM at Snippets (Prankster South 59, 142, 22).

In my own act, I make extensive use of slides, gestures, sound effects and pretty much everything but the kitchen sink. I prefer gestures that move the avatar. I hate text and noises.

What other gimmicks might I be able to use to enhance a stand-up comedy act. Besides the proverbial good material?

For the comedian on stage, a set routine, possibly even rehearsed before the show.  Timing is very important and stumbling over words is a surefire way to lose attention. (^_^)

For the venue, some form of feedback device from the audience.  Maybe some suggested voice chat settings so that their laughter can be heard or some sort of "funny rating" HUD they can wear to tigger different preset laughtracks without resorting to their own gestures... Which you'd have zero control over the loudness and content. Even throw in some low scores to trigger disparaging groans for the bad jokes.  (^_^)

5pm, you say?   When I find the chance... I'm sooooo gonna see this. =^-^=

Also, crack jokes about the time when your hair and/or shoes would end up being stuck in your butt after teleporting. That can be nicely illustrated. Just make a copy of your shoes and hair and attach it to hips or pelvis, then switch it during  the show. That's bound to get some laughs out of long-time residents. And don't forget to play the head-up-your-butt posture, which used to be a common glitch.

I can't help but notice that the forum moderation is a little inconsistent.

In this thread, they simply pulled all posts that contained the bad s-word (the one with the three letters that ends with an x), and left the thread with non sequitur replies to the missing posts. In another thread, they left the moderated posts and simply replaced the text with an *edited for ....* comment. Personally, I prefer the latter method, despite the naming-and-shaming effect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3010 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.