Mesh item is See-Through (not complete transparency)

Lexii Lungu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Seethrough1_001.png

As seen in this picture I made a test object because this is not the first time something like this had been uploaded. Blender was used to make this and after battling around the fact it had an issue with parsing, i got it but this is what it appeared as inworld. No texture has been added to it yet and this is it in its plain form. It seems like almost a 'cell' formation where the outside of it seems to be showing through and only presenting the inside as solid. It is giving it some sort of an optical illusion effect because in its actual form, it is straight up and down, not as it seems to be appearing. I have no idea how to explain this but this has been happening to more than one thing iv uploaded, texture or no texture.

Seethrough2_001.png

I added the 'default' texture to it and some coloring to see what it could get, and it still is doing the thing it was doing before. No transparency is in any texture and the object is not meant to be transparent either. 

Any ideas what is going on with these things?

You have flipped face normals.  If you're in Blender, in Edit mode, hit T to open the Mesh Tools menu.  Then select your model and click the Recalculate Normals button.  That should flip the face normals around the right way.  To be sure, though, hit N and then look in the Display menu.  Check the Backface Culling box.  Any faces that are still flipped the wrong way will become transparent.  Then select those specific faces and click the Flip Direction button to reverse them.

It's always a good idea to work with Backface Culling enabled so that you see those flipped normals before it's too late.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.