Second Life Users File

Cavey Charlesworth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

There is no such list, sorry.

But why do you need it?  If someone has an avatar, comes in world, and clicks your voting machine, isn't that sort of proof that they exist?  In other words, do your voting IN WORLD, not on your website.

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

There is no such list, sorry.

But why do you need it?  If someone has an avatar, comes in world, and clicks your voting machine, isn't that sort of proof that they exist?  In other words, do your voting IN WORLD, not on your website.

• Like 2

Cavey Charlesworth wrote:

Is there a file anywhere with a list of current SL Users that I can check against to verify people using a voting form on my website?

I am NOT WANTING ANY PERSONAL DETAILS!!, I just want to verify that a user exists and then either allow or deny a form submit depending on the result.

It isn`t going t be a page that exists long enough to warrant setting up single-sign on etc, so was hoping that there was a way to get a list, either on a file or a site, that I can use to check against?

Again, NO PERSONAL DETAILS WANTED except avatar names,  or at least somewhere I can send a name programatically and get a yes/no back.....

Pj.

If I'm understanding this correctly, there's no way for this to work. If there's no direct connection between SL and your website, such as an API, etc. I don't see what would prevent someone from using an avatar name from Second Life to access your form even though it isn't that person's account. You can check for names in-world by using the using the various avatar-selector dialogues (just search may not work for people not listed) but, as I said, there's not way of assuring people are who they say they are.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.