Second Life Users File

Cavey Charlesworth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is there a file anywhere with a list of current SL Users that I can check against to verify people using a voting form on my website?

I am NOT WANTING ANY PERSONAL DETAILS!!, I just want to verify that a user exists and then either allow or deny a form submit depending on the result.

It isn`t going t be a page that exists long enough to warrant setting up single-sign on etc, so was hoping that there was a way to get a list, either on a file or a site, that I can use to check against?

Again, NO PERSONAL DETAILS WANTED except avatar names,  or at least somewhere I can send a name programatically and get a yes/no back.....

Pj.

2 answers to this question

Cavey Charlesworth wrote:

Is there a file anywhere with a list of current SL Users that I can check against to verify people using a voting form on my website?

I am NOT WANTING ANY PERSONAL DETAILS!!, I just want to verify that a user exists and then either allow or deny a form submit depending on the result.

It isn`t going t be a page that exists long enough to warrant setting up single-sign on etc, so was hoping that there was a way to get a list, either on a file or a site, that I can use to check against?

Again, NO PERSONAL DETAILS WANTED except avatar names,  or at least somewhere I can send a name programatically and get a yes/no back.....

Pj.

If I'm understanding this correctly, there's no way for this to work. If there's no direct connection between SL and your website, such as an API, etc. I don't see what would prevent someone from using an avatar name from Second Life to access your form even though it isn't that person's account. You can check for names in-world by using the using the various avatar-selector dialogues (just search may not work for people not listed) but, as I said, there's not way of assuring people are who they say they are.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.