How to file abuse report in certain situation...issue resolved

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've recently dealt with ah situation here on SL being harrassed and stalked by a member. This person was posting on my profile in a very inappropriate fashion, to the tune of using real life information. And the real life information I did not give them! Basically this is a cyber stalker. If I had not been active in my profile daily simply I wouldn't have seen these posts. I have all the documented information and attempted to make an abuse report. I cannot "click on" the avatar in world as this abuse was left in form of posting on my profile.  I also blocked all the profiles I know this person has to my knowledge and changed my privacy settings.

I even attempted to file a report in world but there was no way for me to. There was no "report abuse button" when I searched their name in world.  

I need an email address or a step by step on how to report this abuse since it did not occur in world but occurred with posts to my profile feed. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Ignore the two posts above mine, blaming yourself for the abuse from some malicious person.

Fact is, the 'report abuse' is hidden in the viewers, and indeed varies from viewer to viewer.  LL should make this quintessential option much easier to find and access in such situations.  Many a time I have found myself wanting to send a abuse report and struggled to find where in the viewer concerned it is buried. I have a little chuckle where LL suggest 'taking a snapshot' of the incident; as if the griefer is gonna stand there with a cheesy grin while you snap him or her and then find the buried abuse report and fill it out, and go through the list of options that never ever seem to fit the situation.

Welcome to the world of LL not really giving a damm about you getting griefed or abused.

As far as your situation is concerned, as you have noted, the situation with abuse in profiles is even harder to figure out how to report back to LL.

They do not give a monkeys.  If they did, the whole process would be far far easier both inworld and in profiles.

You have, however, learned a very valuable lesson.  Ensure you know how to swiftly find the abuse report option in whatever viewer you use inworld and on your profiles.

abuse 2.JPG  right click on Avatar

abuse.JPG  From the tool bar.

Hoshi Kenin wrote:

Fact is, the 'report abuse' is hidden in the viewers, and indeed varies from viewer to viewer.  LL should make this quintessential option much easier to find and access in such situations.  Many a time I have found myself wanting to send a abuse report and struggled to find where in the viewer concerned it is buried.

Oh yes, it's buried so deep only a computer guru can find it.

Hoshi Kenin wrote:

I have a little chuckle where LL suggest 'taking a snapshot' of the incident; as if the griefer is gonna stand there with a cheesy grin while you snap him or her and then find the buried abuse report and fill it out, and go through the list of options that never ever seem to fit the situation.

I'm getting a chuckle that you don't even seem to know how an abuse report works but you want to comment on the subject.

"The REPORT ABUSE window opens, displaying a snapshot of what is onscreen at that moment and the relevant identifying information if you selected an avatar or object."

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065

So you have no need to go back to add a picture.

But you are probably right about one thing.  The biggest problem with Second Life is that they let Monkeys in.  Actually, I shouldn't insult Monkeys like that.  They often have better sense then some of the humans in SL and who post in this Forum at times.

Hoshi...care to explain how I blamed the OP for the issues? I just stated...there is NO way they got RL info about them without the Op or a friend providing it. I am not blaming the OP but many times, a stalker is someone you know or they know your friends.  A friend of mine was stalked for 3 months....turned out it was the bf of a close friend doing it. No it isnt the OPs fault but the stalker got the info from someone.

You can not just get RL info about someone without it being provided somehow

i dont know what Hoshi's issue is with the 2 previous posts, nothing in either of the posts blamed you in my opinion....as lazurus said, LL usually doesnt do much about these issues, and even if they do, they will not tell you of the outcome. you have to think there are approx 45k accounts logged in at anyone time, and the amount of ARs they get is staggering, they can only do so much, much of it is up to you.

as for night, his post is also correct....many times a stalker is someone you know. SL is made so people can not get your RL info unless you have provided it somehow to them or a close friend who shared it. It could have been something you dont even remember.  i have had 2 stalkers...and sadly, 1 was my beast friend for a couple years, until she felt hurt by an argument and created several avis to harass me. it took awhile but was able to catch her on a stalker alt.

usually, the best thing is to just ignore them, do not have any contact or even acknowledge them...that is what they want, if they feel they are getting to you, it only gets worse, but if they do not get a reaction, they tire and move on.

it may be a nuisance...but visit different places than normal, if your stalker shows up and IMs you, just leave, DO NOT RESPOND, just block them.....go someplace new, they are unable to track you.

Just enjoy your SL and have fun :-)

First, I'd like to thank everyone for replying.  Opinions are like avatars, everyone on SL has one :). Much of this information was extremely helpful and useful.   Everyone should be able to come on SL and enjoy their time here.  With that said, I'd like to point out something, don't for a second think that a person cannot find out information on you without knowing any real life information. They can, if they are crazy enough they will. It's just how those kinds of people are. This post has served its purpose. I have the information needed and the incident has been reported to SL.  Again, thank you very much for all the responses. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.