Is there anyone I can hire to place my sky box?

LaceyCadaver

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Nobody can directly help you with that, because only you can acess your inventory to put the skybox out again. I would suggest to either put it out and move it around until it sits on its previous position (can be quite annoying to do) or to pick up all your furniture, then place the skybox where you want it and put your furniture back in.

I sympathize.  Like most people who have been in SL for a while, I have deleted a house accidentally ... a few times.  Including my skybox.  It's a little embarrassing.   Fortunately, it's not hard to recover, and you don;t need anyone to do it for you. (Besides, anyone else wouldn't necessarily have permissions to move your stuff anyway.)

If you are using the Firestorm viewer and if you have permission to rez objects at the <0,0,0> location on your region, all you have to do is find the house in your Trash folder and click "Restore to Previous Position".  With any luck, it restores the house to its previous position and you breathe easily.

If you aren't using Firestorm (or if you are but you don't have permission to rez stuff at <0,0,0>), then it takes a little more work.  You rez the skybox on the ground, select it, and set the Height (Z) value to roughly where your skybox used to be before you zapped it.  The new skybox will pop to that altitude.  Then you go there yourself, grab the house, and use your normal building tools to move it (and rotate it if that's absolutely necesary).  You'll have to move your camera around a bit to see how the building lines up with your furnishings, but it shouldn't be all that hard,  After all, you know that rugs and furniture have to sit on the floor and paintings need to hang on the walls.  Just be patient and move the house slowly.  It should take no more than 10-15 minutes.

• Like 2

Omg, I have done that a ton of times. the easiest way is to find anobject in your house. like a picture. or something that actually touches a wall. , use that to line up one of the walls. , and use the legs of furniture to line up the floor.

Get it close using arrows. then use the edit window and the up down arrows nar the hight values etc where you can increase the hight and stuff slowly

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.