Deeding objects while renting

Pete Ovis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently rented a skybox and while I was there I deeded a security orb, like most it needed to be deeded to group to work which was no problem, but after deciding to leave, I have only recieved one object to my lost and found from the "parcel owner return" I had forgotten that I had left but nothing else.

I just assumed the owner would return it since it is mine.

So my question is, is the landlord required to return my orb which I had paid for and still imo basically my property, or can they just simply take it for themselves to use, if they decide to not do the right thing and return it?

Perhaps they returned all items owned by you.  The orb, after deeding, belongs to the group.  So it might be overlooked during the cleanup.  Suggest you contact the owner and request they return the orb.

I understand how you feel.  However, when you deed an object to a group you basicly don't own it anymore.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Perhaps they returned all items owned by you.  The orb, after deeding, belongs to the group.  So it might be overlooked during the cleanup.  Suggest you contact the owner and request they return the orb.

I understand how you feel.  However, when you deed an object to a group you basicly don't own it anymore.

This 'change of ownership' is the one downside to deeding.  I wish the warning messages were clearer when deeding.  It also means any member of the group can take, modify (if the object is mod), or delete the object.  99.9999999% of the time you'll be safe from miscreants.  But the potential is there.

return caveat.JPG

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

If you didn't pick it up when you left and the parcel owner returned it, that could be a problem.  The system doesn't know who to return it to and it vanishes.

I know there is this caveat but it shouldn't normally apply to a Security Orb. 

The orb has to be "transfer" otherwise you couldn't deed it to the land to begin with.

Which puzzles me now because I do see some no transfer orbs on the MP.

If it was as simple as picking it up when I left that would have been a lot easier, right clicking the orb I didn't see any option to "take" unlike other objects that were/are mine.

As far as I know once it's deeded, you can't even move it to another position to mount it somewhere else let alone pick it up.

I had the similar problem with some area that was sold to me. I deleted the group it was assigned to and then remembered the orb was assigned to the former group :smileysurprised:. Everytime I tried to return the orb to myself (I was listed as the original owner), an error message would come up along the lines of "you can't do this, notify the original land owner.

Long story short, when a person signed in and who had control over the region (much like the original owner), I explained the problem,  She retook/resold me the same area of land. I was able to get the orb back into my inventory. I was then able redeed the orb into the new group :smileyvery-happy:

But to be safe, I did have Mr Conover's address, just in case.

Contact the original land owner and explain the circumstances. I'll bet they'll return the orb to you.

Perrie Juran wrote:

return caveat.JPG

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

If you didn't pick it up when you left and the parcel owner returned it, that could be a problem.  The system doesn't know who to return it to and it vanishes.

I know there is this caveat but it shouldn't normally apply to a Security Orb. 

The orb has to be "transfer" otherwise you couldn't deed it to the land to begin with.

Which puzzles me now because I do see some no transfer orbs on the MP.

I've seen it happen a lot to group deeded objects. The best way to handle this if you are selling a product such as a Radio, TV or Orb is to include a copy/transfer land relay that gets deeded to the group.  Then if all the tenants things are returned they get the orb back and still have the land relay in their inventory.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.