Back after a long break

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The message that you get when you try to log in may give a clue, in the mean time have a look here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Password-and-account-information/ta-p/700017

You are most likely going to need to open a support ticket. To do that follow the link here:

https://support.secondlife.com/contact-support/

Ginger Murdock shows in search in-world, so is a valid name. Also, you were able to log into this forum, so your name and password must be OK.

There have been a lot of technical improvements in Second Life just in the last few years, so you need an up-to-date viewer. Either the official viewer, or one of the approved 3rd party viewers. Note some older viewers are blocked and can not log in.

http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/?lang=en-US

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

Since it has been a while since you last logged in, are you sure the home point or region you are trying to reach still exists? Try starting your viewer with a log in point of one of these regions:  Pooley, or Smith, or Lime. Note Smith is General rated so anyone can log in, while Pooley and Lime are Moderate rated so you must have your viewer set to allow (M) content and regions. If you just "clean installed" a viewer, it will default to General rated only. 

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Advice? Don't buy any new stuff as it will probably won't be migrated to the new version of SL.

Advice? Don't buy a puppy as it will probably die anyway. Don't buy a car, it will probably break down anyway. Don't buy a new computer, it will be outdated anyway.

Thats life. And...why did you join SL in the first place? When you joined, you probably new already that it will end sometime in the future, which according to your logic makes every hour and every dollar ever spent in SL pointless.

Syo Emerald wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Advice? Don't buy any new stuff as it will probably won't be migrated to the new version of SL.

Advice? Don't buy a puppy as it will probably die anyway. Don't buy a car, it will probably break down anyway. Don't buy a new computer, it will be outdated anyway.

Thats life. And...why did you join SL in the first place? When you joined, you probably
new
already that it will end sometime in the future, which according to your logic makes every hour and every dollar ever spent in SL pointless.

I'm more educated than that.

I understand utility theory, planned obsolescence, how to calculate net present value and internal rates of return, and buying stuff that is going to be useless within a very short time I will leave to fashion victims and the parents of teenage kids.

I get considerable benefit from the time I spend in LL properties; I would not get any from transferring funds to merchants who are effectively offering extremely short leases on their intellectual property without informing naive buyers.

ETA I would never buy a puppy; I haven't a recipe for an appropriate sauce - although perhaps there's a Korean forumite who might come up with a suggestion.

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Thats life. And...why did you join SL in the first place? When you joined, you probably
new
already that it will end sometime in the future, which according to your logic makes every hour and every dollar ever spent in SL pointless.

I'm more educated than that.

I understand utility theory, planned obsolescence, how to calculate net present value and internal rates of return, and buying stuff that is going to be useless within a very short time I will leave to fashion victims and the parents of teenage kids.

I get considerable benefit from the time I spend in LL properties; I would not get any from transferring funds to merchants who are effectively offering extremely short leases on their intellectual property without informing naive buyers.

ETA I would never buy a puppy; I haven't a recipe for an appropriate sauce - although perhaps there's a Korean forumite who might come up with a suggestion.

Poor Llazarus just sucks all the joy out of life........ :P

P.S. It sometimes nice to know your place is the smaller scheme of things.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.