new candidate release download link

Lahnius Zaks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oh, this is weird. That's the "release channel" Experience viewer I downloaded and installed in the past day or so (released on Monday, Dec. 22nd), which now seems to be missing from the alternate viewers downloads page, replaced by its predecessor (released Dec 17th). They must have retracted the newer version: its release notes are still visible, but the download links produce Access Denied XML.

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

That's why you only download through your dashboard

the dashboard would be a great place to download the most current candidate release that i linked, but unfortunately its not located there and if there is an option to download candidate releases via the dashboard please enlighten me.

Qie Niangao wrote:

Oh, this
is
weird. That's the "release channel" Experience viewer I downloaded and installed in the past day or so (released on Monday, Dec. 22nd), which now seems to be missing from the
, replaced by its predecessor (released Dec 17th). They must have retracted the newer version:
, but the download links produce Access Denied XML.

IKR! my wife was able to download the "experience" viewer while logged in last night. our clients are both setup to DL candidate releases ... she got a dl notice, i did not.

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

On the dashboard, scroll to the botton and hit where it says download. On that page scroll down a bit and it says Second Life Viewer Beta...hit that link and you are at the alternate viewers. The Experience and Pipeline viewers are there for download.

you can also go straight away to the wiki showing a full list of available versions for download. the release my wife was prompted inworld to install was version 3.7.24.297643, which is currently listed @ http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:Release_Notes as the most current release, which is the version i posted initially in this thread ... that does not provide download it loads raw xml with an error. as much as i appreciate you taking the time to show how to get to the beta viewers DL page, that currently available version is 3.7.23.297364 - thanks though, i will just go ahead and DL the one on the beta DL page. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.