SOLVED:Help, Computer Crashed and might mess the SL! Helpp! :(

Averager

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, all of sudden my computer graphics card went power off without any warning. Then I tried to restart, no waking up. Did that ~6 months old GTX Titan Black 6GB Gddr5-card die? I have not examine that yet throughly.

Luckily I had a way to get to SL with my older computer installation with Firestorm, for it does not run SL Viewer.

(IMMEDIATE EDIT:)SOLVED: Well, I tried to IM my friends, why I vanished, but the Firestorm made insane bursts empty IM's and there stood then that my IM's were "suspended" or something. Whaat? Never ever I am brave nough to try that Firestorm either. So I need a support on this, I am done my way to Premium and do not wish to be vanished. :O SOLUTION: I had a keyboard jammed on Enter-key, fixed and replaced, so the problem is *not* Firestorm, phew! So I have an alternative way to SL world, until I get the main comp. fixed. Must now read the answers and edit/answer/etc....

Questions:

1.) When I no way can safely get to SL, can I any way to note my SL friends what happened? Can I post them through this forum, or where I find the IM-feature? I got that serious computer crash and am not sure, is there any way existing, with what I can get to SL.

I'm confused, clueless, hopeless, down and everything. As a very newbie (about 10 days?) I was extremely interested to learn to participate and things, but as always, good things uses to get shot down. :(

EDIT (added:): I have this as related/same on Answers thing: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Account/Is-it-possible-to-IM-without-SL-Viewer-to-IM-boxes-inside-SL/qaq-p/2871584

EDIT2, SOLUTION: Computer crash reason solved. Power leak/ cable connection/similar combination several devices running, etc. related small things. UPS might definitely have some reason with my usage.

If Firestorm is too heavy for your older computer, try Singularity (look here), one of several viewers reputed to be somewhat “lighter”. Be warned, though, that the difference isn’t as great as many people think; to some extent it’s just that these viewers often run by default with a lighter configuration. In other words: if you carefully configure (before attempting to log in) one of the viewers typically considered “heavier”, such as Firestorm or LL’s official one, often you’ll find that it is, in fact, usable.

Anyway, there are even lighter viewers out there, particularly for you if your most pressing need is to just IM your friends: try Radegast, from that same page.

Long-term, of course, any in-world friends dear enough that you’d want to keep in touch with them in case of a problem logging in SL, you should seek to have alternative contact means such as Facebook, e-mail, Skype...

Much appreciated answer, thank You. I already had to find the Firestorm problem (edited to my first post) AND when was able to get into SL world, immediately posted alternative connection ways. Just only IM's are not enough, for it is awesome thing in its every feature. To get most out of it, I need to examine yet the main computer's graphics card.

I will add more information in moments, just now am multitasking with this problem...

Thank You for additional options. Ensuring the multiple ways is always a good thing. To every problem uses to be some solution(s) finally. Much appreciated, I will examine that option too. Stability being always priority one, then performance. I have got again some new experience. And the case, which was unexpected surprise, as the computer temperatures are very low, for I have put a priority on that, when I built the system.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.