i cant log on to my account

DracoKane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

You have a Ghost inworld preventing you from logging in and showing you as already being online.

Go to the login screen and set your start location to "Smith". Then keep trying to login, ignoring the error message each time it comes up.

Your Ghost will refresh approx once every 15 mins & you need to hit that gap to get in.

Once you are in, TP to the last couple of locations that you were at before your last logout/crash & you should be able re-merge with your Ghost.

More suggestions on this thread:   http://blogs.secondlife.com/message/424221#424221

Hello everyone,

I've the same problem since three weeks, and with my main account (!!).

I tried everything possible, restarting the sim (thanks for the very helpful sim's admin), sending me IM/1L$, changing my password, changing viewers, forcing the log in (it works once) but now i'm still unable to log in with this acc, Lindens dont even read my 12 tickets,and when i call them, they only say "we restarted the sim and the issue remains, we're still working on this".

I'm pissed off, really. I'm glad that i didnt bought a premium account yet, because i don't want to pay for this very poor service.

Okay i'm now back inworld, but i think it'll crash again. lol

If you have this problem now, just know that you've nothing to do, just wait alone because lindens are quick at banning/sending age verification only.

Welcome Dimalk29 to Second Life forums.  I am sorry to hear you are having such a particularly gruesome time at the moment.  I do have to ask you though, why have you submitted 12 tickets? I mean, if LL haven't read one, they are certainly not going to get around to reading the other 11, and your excess tickets will only slow down the Support even more.

It sounds to me like no one knows where your stuck presence is.  Even LL with their God tools cannot always see where a partial presence is stuck unfortunately, and you are one of the unlucky ones, it seems. Sim restarts always remove residual presences, so the sim where your ghost is has not been restarted.

However, if you read all that is contained within the link given in Peewee's post above - that is

http://blogs.secondlife.com/message/424221#424221

you will find some more advice - but in brief, have a look at your hard drive for where your Second Life folders are all stored.  There will be a teleport_history for your main account, and using an alt you can revisit all the locations you teleported to prior to having the intial problem 3 weeks ago, and undoubtedly you will find where that "ghost" of yours is.  Then it really is a simple matter of forcing a login, as you have been able to do, and teleporting across right to where the "ghost" duplicate is, and that will clear this problem. As simple as that! The "ghost" is somewhere in your teleport history - its your ghost, and its somewhere you've been and YOU can fix it.

Also, you might want to vote on an Avatar Reset Button - the more people that vote on this issue, or add comments to it, the more chance there is that LL will realise how big this ongoing issue is, and will at least improve Support: 

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-6602

Good luck, and please let us know how you get on.

Dimalk29 Redfield wrote:

I was on the "last location" when the admin rebooted the sim twice :3

Sooooo, the problem is coming from the LL, nothing else.

You are obviously one of the unlucky ones, like Gia in another thread.

Did you actually see - or know for sure - that your "ghost"/stuck presence was on the "last location"?  When you say "admin rebooted the sim twice" are you (a) absolutely sure they did restart the sim? and (b) are you absolutely sure your presence was stuck there - because I am 100% not, and I am 100% sure your ghosted doppelganger has, for all of this time, been stuck elsewhere on one of your previously visited locations.  You hold the key to this.

If you are still around, force a login and contact me inworld. I will try to help you further.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.