Viewer crashes when "Loading fonts..."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey everyone, I've had this issue for sometime, with every viewer I've tried.

Whenever I try logging in, the viewer gets to the "Loading fonts..." point, then crashes.

It used to work perfectly fine, then I stopped playing for a few months, now this happens everytime I try to log in on this computer, it works fine on other PC's.

I don't know what else to put here so please tell me what info you need and I'll get it.

Thanks.

7 answers to this question

Try clearing cache on that computer & even doing a clean reinstall, where you get rid of every old SL file and folder before installing again.

If the computer hasn`t been used for a while I would also check that other applications are up to date, such as Java & you may as well check Quicktime & Flashplayer while you are at it, though those 2 shouldn`t really affect this issue, they will stop you getting further problems once you get in SL.

Chocolate Starship wrote:

I've cleaned the cache and done fresh reinstalls and no luck.

The files I deleted where in the AppData folder, this did nothing to help. The computer is up to date, I had just stopped using SL for that time.

Check that your graphics card drivers are the latest version & also try going here http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ and installing the version for "Other Browsers"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.