I barely get any of my "subscription" items. Always capped too. Could it be a bug? Used 2 get thm b4

Jaden Hollow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I mean the Items/notecards you get when you are subscribed to someone..  uhm. The thing that allows you to receive updates similar to notifications but you don't have to join a group to be part of it, you just have to click subscribe or unsubscribe if you no longer want to be part of it. 

4 answers to this question

What is a "subscription" item? Who did you get them from?  Are you talking about group notices?  Group notices are always capped at 25. If you get more than 25 notices while you are away from SL, any of the later ones are discarded -- not delivered, lost forever. The only solution is to log in more often and remember to empty your accumulated messages.

Jaden,

The capping while offline mechanism is a bit weird these days. So lets chat about what can be capped.

Group Notices - Group Notices from the groups that you allow to spam you will add to your capped messages total for your avatar account. If these notices had attachments like pictures, textures, objects [freebies or invites are common] you will not automatically receive these into your inventory. You can visit the Group you are a member of and review past notices and then accept the attachments you want.

IMs from avatar accounts or from messaging objects - These messages will add to your capped messages total for your avatar account. If the message is accompanied by a direct to your inventory delivery as well, that counts as 2 messages. You'll continue to receive these inventory items until your cap is reached. Afterwards neither will be received.

MarketPlace Deliveries - The items you purchase from the SL Marketplace that are delivered to the Received Items folder will continue to arrive. The accompanying message will count a one message against your cap. If you are capped message-wise Marketplace deliveries will continue - Your in-world message will not be received.

I hope this helps clear up a really too complicated messaging policy.

• Like 3

I believe the first answer is the most correct.

Subscription devices are an alternative to group membership, and instead of group notices they use notecard inventory offers.

I am not getting anything after I reach my cap limit, not notecard dropped by customers, not inventory from anyone or anything (midnight mania etc. boards), etc.

The best I Can hope for at the moment is that my email notices still work so at least I know I lost a notecard or prize and can track it down.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.