Can't login, i think my avatar is ghosting

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I can't login, and I think that my avatar is ghosting. When I'm trying to login, I receive the message: Login Failed. The system is logging you out right now. Your account will not be available until...

I got this message all the time. I waited over an hour and cleaned my cache. About a half year ago I had the same problem, and then I was told to submit a ticket. So I wanted to do that right now, but I don't know what to choose. In the first menu, I choose "account issues", but in the second bar I can't choose the right option. Normally you would select "login issues", but there isn't an option like that.

I hope somebody can help me with this question,

Thanks in advance.

I have the same exact problem. I can login if I keep hitting the Log In button repeatedly until the stated time is up; waiting won't do it, I tried that. I have also tried a completely fresh install of the viewer, a new viewer, clearing my cache, restarting my computer, logging into different sims, and had another person paying me.

By the way, it happens no matter what viewer I am using, so that's not it. And to make matters more frustrating, it's only this account; none of my alt accounts have a problem. I thought I fixed it yesterday when I turned off HTTP Get Textures, but it only worked once. Damn frustrating to have to keep pressing the log in button repeatedly, but I guess it's the only way,... unless someone can help. I'll submit a help ticket too, like that will help, lol.

TIA,

Lira

Thanks so far! Well, I don't know the owner of the sim. My last location was around here: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dogoog/140/87/3. At an airport in front of the fuel station. Guess that I lagged too much with that airplane. I submitted a ticket, so all that i can do is wait... I just selected "avatar creation issue" because there wasn't a "login issue" option.

Lira Laval wrote:

I have the same exact problem. I can login if I keep hitting the Log In button repeatedly until the stated time is up; waiting won't do it, I tried that. I have also tried a completely fresh install of the viewer, a new viewer, clearing my cache, restarting my computer, logging into different sims, and had another person paying me.

By the way, it happens no matter what viewer I am using, so that's not it. And to make matters more frustrating, it's only this account; none of my alt accounts have a problem. I thought I fixed it yesterday when I turned off HTTP Get Textures, but it only worked once. Damn frustrating to have to keep pressing the log in button repeatedly, but I guess it's the only way,... unless someone can help. I'll submit a help ticket too, like that will help, lol.

You do need to submit a ticket because LL can find your Ghost avatar a lot faster than you sometimes and they can restart the sim that it is on to kill it.

If you want to try finding it yourself while waiting for LL that is fine, but still do the ticket.

If you have an alt that can get in, use that to go around to the places that you visited before you got stuck out of SL (not necessarily the sim where you last crashed) & try to find your Ghost, a good radar helps.

Yes you can force a login on your account, but if you don`t know where your Ghost is, the forced login will not solve the problem, as you will just be locked out again next time you logout or crash. Find your Ghost, force a login & go to meet your Ghost in person, or get the sim restarted that it is on.

To OP: I checked that airport, your Ghost does not appear to be on that sim.

Darl McGinnis wrote:

Hmm... that's odd. I always thought that logging from two different computers results in the second login to log the first computer off, and I believe it even happened to me before some time ago (years). Is this ghosting thing around since the SL beginning? Thanks!

You are correct in the sense that double logging should kick you out but these Ghosts are stubborn things, we have even tried downlloading Radegast (which is very good at booting yourself) but that fails to kick a Ghost too. The sim restart or confronting yourself face to face seem to be the only 2 ways to fix them.

There is  this bug report that Maestro Linden and the team are working on currently - please take a look & add your support - if nothing else, it might just improve the level of support (I hope)

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-6193

Also there is an item that should be on everybody's wish list - a request for an Avatar Reset Button (which I don't think LL would allow if it were possible, but it certainly would again emphasise to LL the need for better and faster support when locked out by a ghost presence).

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-6602

While reading this thread, i remembered that a couple of years ago, i was with a friend and she was on my radar twice! One of the distances was the actual distance, just a few feet from me, the other distance was a long way away....after many exclamations of surprise, we both went to look for her other 'her', using my radar, yet despite the fact the radar showed that we got within a couple of feet, she was nowhere to be seen!

I have had the same radar for the entire 3 years i have been on sl and that is the only instance of that happening....was she ghosted but invisible? and if she was ghosted, how did she log in? she was new to sl and wouldn't have known about the forced log in thing.

I copied this from an earlier thread - about reporting the issue.

" If you fill the support ticket (if you are "frozen" in Mainland or if you cannot contact with the estate owner of the private region) use the correct type:

• Special Questions - Basic account or Guest Login > Account Issues > I cannot login inworld with my account.

PS2. If you are Premium you can also use Live Chat."

I don't know if that is where you were sending the report - but I hope it helps - you must be really frustrated at this point

The only way to submit a ticket is here: http://https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/?lang=en-US. They changed it. From now on, it's a case.

And frustrated? My friend tried anything, giving me L$, spamming me with items and im's, but that doesn't work. He is also looking for me, but he says that he sees me on the world map, just away from the grid it the south-west corner of it. Normally you would see the ghosted avatar, but he can't find mine.

Note that I have a basic account.

Wesley Siemens wrote:

And frustrated? My friend tried anything, giving me L$, spamming me with items and im's, but that doesn't work. He is also looking for me, but he says that he sees me on the world map, just away from the grid it the south-west corner of it. Normally you would see the ghosted avatar, but he can't find mine.

Aww, that really sucks....it seems to be happening more and more lately....i know someone it happened to only last week...but luckily, she came on with an alt and found herself...she was ghosted on one of those off sim rock formation things......don't know how she sorted it in the end, but it took about a week.

Hope you get it fixed soon.

I manage to login 2 times, but I can't find my avatar ghost. I looked around the airport and regions I flied over, but no ghost. I even tried my other bookmarks, but no sign of a ghosting avatar.

I logged in with the help of this comment: http://blogs.secondlife.com/message/358757#358757

So basically, my problem could be solved if I can find my ghost avatar, and "touch (or walk trough) it". But now I can't find it . And it looks like nobody can see me when I'm logged in. I even can't get the group chat working... Also radar HUD's are not working. And because I have a basic account, I can't buy expensive radar HUD's, they probably not even work. The Phoenix viewer has a build in radar, but even with that one, I can't find my ghost avatar. I also have no idea where to look anymore.

I just was done with flying, and taxied to the fuel station, I was standing idle in my plane for about 10 minutes, when I opened the world map. First thing I noticed, was that the cursor changed to an hourglass (you know, when Windows is busy), while the map was completely downloaded. I didn't see the cross you'll normally see. When I pointed my cursor away from the map, the cursor changed to normal. I thought that a relog could solve this. So I deleted the plane, and put off all the HUD's, and I closed Second Life. When I tried to login, I got that message, waited over 15 minutes, and then I knew it... I couldn't login anymore because of ghosting.

I also think that Linden Labs cannot help me, because for basic accounts, there is not such an option for login issues when submitting a ticket. That's only available for premium accounts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.