Skin problem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all

I was looking at buying a new skin and maybe a new shape too, but all the ones I try seem to leave me with a small pale triangle either side of my nostrils! It looks almost like shadow or shading, but I'm not sure if it is and it doesn't look right.  I have tried the shape/skin combos in various shops and also mixed and matched different merchants but still have the same problem.  These aren't even cheap items, I was looking at Redgrave and Amacci. It never looks like it does on the pictures though!

Does anyone know if there is some way to fix this, or is it the same for everyone?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 answers to this question

Hi Topsy,

You will probably find that the shadows and shading on the skin look different at different times of day and depending which way you are facing. Some people wear facelights to keep a more consistant and even lighting effect on their faces & the pictures you mention almost certainly have lights on.

EDIT: I have sent you one inworld to try, there are lots available if you want to get a different one

Assuming you are using the SLV2 and an nVidia graphics card without shadows on...

The avatar mesh we have does a few odd things in the face depending on how you have it shaped. That is just the nature of mesh rendering.

Try the face lights as suggested. If you are still seeing the problem, take a pictuer and post it here.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.