Mac OS X Snow Leopard

Vladimir Dunner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

14 answers to this question

I'm running a 4 year old Mac Book Pro 2.33 GHz intel machine with OS 10.6.5 Snow Leopard using viewer 2.4 I'm having no problems at all with SL.

Except that system 10.6 uses the new quicktime 10.0 as a default , and quicktime 10.0 does not work with SL streaming media. I'm still trying to find out how to get the new OS 10.6 to use the old Quicktime 7 when running SL.

I also suggest installing SMC Fan Control which will allow you to turn up the internal cooling fans on the MAC to full seed while running SL so you don't cook your machine, I also use a fan-cooled pad under my machine.

Keep cool.

My experiences playing games under OS X say otherwise. Rather blasé, defensive reply. Then again, I run bootcamp as opposed to parallels, so I suppose that probably accounts for a lot of the conflicts you have that I don't. Driver support has been unquestionably lax since they started disallowing 3rd party drivers under the Mac OSes, there's no questioning that either. I see a ton of difference in game performance between the systems I have running GTX 285s under windows and under OS X, so that's true as well.

I think you answered what you wanted me to say, as opposed to what I actually did.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.