Can't login

Aragon Sommer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been trying to login for over an hour now and each time I try the system tells me it is logging me out and I should try again in usually 4 minutes or so. I wait that time and try again and it repeats the "The system is logging you out etc" and again tells me when I shoudl try again. I have a suspicion I am "ghosting" but as it has never happened before, I'm not sure. It's unlikely I think because I logged in as an Alt and went to my last location, but was not confronted by my "ghosted" avatar. I have tried the secondlife beta grid and can get there (I was hoping it might break this vicious circle) but alas when I tried again to go onto the usual Second Life grid I get the "logging you out" message again. I have shut down everything & disconnected from the mains power (for about 10 minutes), re-booted (x2) but still nothing.

Anyone got any idea how I can break this cycle please?

7 answers to this question

Greetings Aragon,

Sadly it does sound like you are Ghosted & you will not necessarily be at your last known location, though you are most likely to be somewhere that you went during that SL session. Are you appearing online to your alt?  If so you are almost certainly a Ghost.

The only 2 known fixes are, a sim restart at your Ghosts location or you finding your Ghost and confronting it with yourself. Submit a ticket to get LL working on it too, they may zap you faster than you find yourself & save some time. In the meantime use your alt to try and find your other self by retracing your movements in reverse order. If you have a decent radar it shouldn`t be too hard to check each sim to see if you pop up on it.

Once you have found yourself, you can either attempt to get that sim restarted, by contacting the sim owner if its a private estate or if its mainland LL has to do it. Or you can force a login on your account, by continuallly trying to login and ignoring the timeout messages, (you should be able to get in at least once every 15 mins) & then TP`ing over to your Ghost for a Body & Spirit reunion.

Hope that helps, good luck Ghost hunting

EDIT: My own sim was taken offline for maintainance, you could be in luck if LL is restarting a lot of the grid today as they may just hit the sim your Ghost is on and free you.

Hi Peewee,

thank you very much for that reply. I have found myself using my alt (on radar only, no "physical" presence) and I'm in a LL run sandbox as I was earlier today but not from where I last logged off, a bit of a surprise (to me anyway). I'll attempt a ticket but for us plebs that don't have a paid account, it can be difficult sometimes to get a response. We'll see, first day back after the new year celebrations, LL maybe in a good mood lol.

Again thank you very much and happy new year to you and yours.

EDIT: Sounds good. It's times like these I feel like such a newbie lol.

Excellent news, finding yourself is the hardest part.

Hopefully using radar you can get close to your Spectre by distance readings, look underground they can be being dorky under the sim sometimes lol I would definately try forcing a login onto that account and getting your avatar as close as you can to the Ghosts location, it should then cause a "Paradox" (as Marigold calls it) and your Ghost will come and put itself back into your avatar & you should be fine after that. They apparantly go offline in a refresh phase once every 14/15 mins which will allow you to login and get to where its at.

If you would prefer to wait, just do the ticket for a restart of the sim, even a basic account can do those I think.

• Like 1

Thank you for that, very interesting. I have literally just got back online and it has been as a result of forcing a login, that is constantly repeating login attempts without waiting for the time til the account will be available, as the message says. Keep at it and eventually it lets u in

Welcome back to the land of the living Aragon

Here is a request (previously posted by Marigold Devin - Queen of Ghostbusters) that you may wish to contribute to:

Perhaps you'd like to add your own comments of your experience to this bug report that Maestro Linden and the team are working on currently - please take a look - if nothing else, it might just improve the level of support (I hope)

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-6193

Also there is an item that should be on everybody's wish list - a request for an Avatar Reset Button (which I don't think LL would allow if it were possible, but it certainly would again emphasise to LL the need for better and faster support when locked out by a ghost presence).

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-6602

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4861 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.