Owner deeded to the wrong group. How do I reset or change it to the correct group?

DrakiAzul

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am the owner of the land and groups but I maintain two groups and accidently deeded to the wrong one. How do I reset or change it to the correct group? The "set group" button for the land appears to be phased out now.

Or will I have to re-invite and reset everyone two the 2ndary group? (if this is the only option can group names be changed?) Sorry for all the silly questions but im rather new to all this and figured it would be best to ask before I goof anything else up. I can't find any info on the subject although im still searching.

Is this possible or will I have to re-invite and readjust the 2ndary group? I can delete the 2ndary group (it was just a mantiance group for when the land was divided and not an issue) if this will fix but im a little afraid to do this since the land is now deeded to it.

Thanks for any assistance!

2 answers to this question

Hello Draki Azul and welcome to Secondlife

What you need to do is to sell your land to the other group.

When we deed a parcel to a group the real owner is the group it self.

So, go to about land and set the land for sale to your self for L$0

Then, activate (wear) the group you want to own the land and click to buy it.

Note: the group has to have the amount of donated meters to be able to be deeded.

Note No2: Before you buy the land, make sure you remove the donated meters from the group1.

Here is some official pages for how to do that:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Group-owned-land/ta-p/700079

Cheers,

beethrosKaras

• Like 1

It's easy, but be sure you do everything in the right order.

1. Wear group tag for the current owner group.

2. Set land for sale to yourself at a price of $0 L

3. Remove any tier you donated to the group. You will get a warning message. Ignore it.

4. Change your active group to the one you are buying it for.

5. Use About Land/Buy for a Group button. You may also check Owner Makes Contribution With Deed, or you can donate tier to the group just prior to this step.

6. Heave a big sigh of relief.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.