Bad Juju Games Acquires Desura from Linden Lab

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just thought I'd open up a discussion on this, in case anyone had anything to say about it.

http://www.lindenlab.com/releases/bad-juju-games-acquires-desura-from-linden-lab

Bad Juju Games Acquires Desura from Linden Lab

2014-11-05

As has just been announced, Bad Juju Games has acquired Desura from Linden Lab.

Bad Juju has taken over all day-to-day support, maintenance, and ongoing enhancements to the Desura website and service platform. The Bad Juju team will be reaching out directly to developers with games on Desura and are happy to respond to any questions they may have.

Transitioning Desura to a new owner is great for Linden Lab and our customers, as it allows us to further enhance our focus on creating the ambitious next-generation virtual world, while continuing to improve Second Life and growing Blocksworld.

Desura is a fantastic platform for game developers and players, and we look forward to seeing it continue to evolve and grow, now as part of Bad Juju Games.

...Dres

I did sign up for Desura when the Lab first bought it out of curiosity - the idea of a 'steam light' aimed at

indy developers seemed not too bad a notion  to me. Nothing featured in the mailing ever enticed me to

open my purse but I guess it had its purpose. (  I have toyed with the idea of knocking out the odd attempt

myself so it was worth keeping an eye on anyway  although given the toxic nature of gamerland right now

I don't think I will bother, thats another story )

The buyers are making all the right noises and seem better fitted by their own estimation for the platform so

probably all good. Of course without any financial details thats about all there is to say. If it frees up some more

cash for the Lab to push their new development then great - signs of commitment are good.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.