Viewer crashes at "Processing response." Help?

Carnelian Fenwitch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I got a virus, which I promptly removed from my computer. Everything works... except SL. No matter what viewer I use (I've tried a few) it always, without fail, crashes during the login process at "processing response." I can't clear cache as this also causes my viewer to freeze and crash. I tried manually but it didn't help. I tried downloading both fixes from the Phoenix wiki. The first didn't work and the appfix failed to install every time. I can only log in via a text client.

I'm at a loss. Has anyone had this issue? Does anyone know how to fix it? I'm getting this bad feeling that it's my computer and not my software.

5 answers to this question

Hello Carnelian,  try completely uninstalling ALL Viewers, saving any chat logs, if you wish.  How do I fully uninstall and reinstall Second Life? Make sure the all CachesUser Settings and content of any Temporary folders are also deleted.

Check that you have the full version of Flash Player (including the player for Firefox/Safari), see Version Test for Adobe Flash Player, and the latest Quicktime and Java.

Shutdown your computer. Fully  unplug your cable modem, router, and  other gear you use to access  the  Internet for several minutes so that  residual   memory is cleared.   This may purge "stale" settings.

Download the latest Official Viewer from here http://secondlife.com/support/downloads.php,  save the programme to your Desktop and install, using the default settings.

Check that any firewalls or internet security programmes have the correct permissions to allow Second Life to run.

Try logging into Region Smith, see Changing your login location and wait for your Inventory to fully load.

Check the network connection

• Run TraceRoutes on Region Smith sim9655.agni.lindenlab.com

For further help removing the effects of the virus, please contact your computer manufacturer.

pok here is the problem people. up until 3 days ago my Sl was fine, then i downloaded newer version and Sl keeps crashing while loading..answer Linden Labs latest upgrade has a problem THEY need to fix!!  I have deleted all temp files and files and re-done the download butit keeps crashing.

wise man once said something very profound- IF IT IS NOT BROKE!! DO NOT FIX IT!!

That exact same thing happened to me. Mine was easier to fix than all that though. Apparently all my folders were marked as hidden for some reason. When I right clicked it and went to the properties I could see the folders all had hidden checked. I just unchecked that and it took care of everything. Thats a little easier to do than all that other stuff... but if all that other stuff worked... yay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.