Second life viewer is not working after new Update today.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi Dev,

This has happened to people before, and is usually the result of a borked settings file somewhere. The solution has been to do a clean install. Here are instructions for doing that...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

Pay attention to the note discussing preservation of log files, if you want to keep those. If you're running Windows, KarenMichelle Lane has additional notes at the bottom of the page. If you're on a Mac, read my notes there.

Good luck!

• Like 2

4 answers to this question

Hi Dev,

This has happened to people before, and is usually the result of a borked settings file somewhere. The solution has been to do a clean install. Here are instructions for doing that...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

Pay attention to the note discussing preservation of log files, if you want to keep those. If you're running Windows, KarenMichelle Lane has additional notes at the bottom of the page. If you're on a Mac, read my notes there.

Good luck!

• Like 2

If you follow the notes on that page about preserving chat logs, the only things you lose are viewer settings (graphics, etc). Your inventory, friends list, linden balance and in-world stuff will be unaffected. If you don't follow the note, your chat logs will be deleted. When you first log-in after a clean install, it will take a little bit of time to rebuild your local texture cache and inventory list, but once that's done, everything will return to normal.

Here i have window 7 home basic so as per Notes ,temp folder does not contain second life folder in it just have Second life 9 setups. i think these setups are updates. but there is separate folder in local second life folder which contain object cache,texture cache and some avatar related files so what should i delete now ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.