new sl viewer

beebop Ghoststar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4898 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i have the latest sl viewer. problem im haveing is when i log on to my main acc av. it loggs me out. now if u logg in under another viewer like pheonix it loggs on fine( but i cant stand pheonix) and loggs on find under sl viewer under another av. so my question is does the new sl viewer have an inventory cap.for an amount your aloud before it dont load up for you?

its only thing i can think of thats causeing the problem, doesnt mean i thought of them all either but have walked through what ive changed or didnt change and everything i did before it started and is only thing i can think of

yes i have tryd uninstalling....didnt help....net con. is good to

thank you and any help would be helpful

10 answers to this question

yes message say "darn you have been logged out of sl....this region may be experiencing trouble. please check your conn. to the internet"

but if i logg back on under same under phoenix it works and if i use sl and another av acc it works plus its group owned land and i know its ok to go there because others in group are just fine

internet is fine cause i can do this so

Separate your Phoenix cache from the SLViewer cache. In Phoenix it is in Prefs, Network... which you probably know.

If you are using multiple SLV's uninstall ALL of them. Just redoing one doesn't get it. Then manually delete all the SL forlders in Program Files, AppsData, and Roaming. Reinstall and you should be good.

I review viewers and play with them to see what neat things developers have created. Basically there is no one viewer that does everyting I want to do. So, I quest for the perfect viewer...

What I have learned is the TPV's tend to share parts of the SLV's and stash stuff in the SL folders.Testing one new release of a TPV broke all my SLV's. So, once again I had to do a large reinstall.

Several viewers all use the same setting files in the SL folder. Most viewers now have various different settings. Mixing them into a single settings file is probably not a good idea. Some times clearing out the settings (user_settings) folder in roaming fixes probems with several viewers.

Hopefully that will fix your problem.

yes i understand how much more stuff pheonix and other non-sl viewers do....but i cant stand pheonix and others like....cant find what im looking for and stuff they all confuse me....lol yes this is my own fault for not taking the time to learn but im stuck in my ways...lol

but as far as uninstalling sl viewer i do, do it manuly but didnt think to try uninstall phoenix as well and folders with them both...

i tryd that guess what woohooo i got on under sl viewer

thank you to all the anwsered me you all were a great help

I'm doubtful uninstalling Phoenix helped... but I can't argue with results.

I suspect TPV's viewers are registering DLL's and that is adding to viewer problems. I know SL registers DLL's. So, an un-install of all viewers should unregister all the DLL's.

I think when one installs a new viewer and other viewers stop working it is a good indication something in the DLL's or other shared files got wacked.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4898 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.