Question about abuse reports?

GothGirl Demonia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Just have a question about a really abusive situation in world; due to TOS/CS I can’t disclose names.

Okay, so I have been a part of this group for a little over a year in SL, and then just recently another owner got control of the group while our founder was on temporary leave for RL. Anyways our group has had a massive number of illegally copy bot materials distributed in our group by hand within the last month between new members, and I talked to the Owner of this group, which in my opinion lacks common sense. I tried for over a week to get him to put in new measures to prevent the distribution of stolen goods given in our group, and all failed, which in the end I was simply removed, and the distribution of stolen content continues. Anyways here is my problem. Before I was kicked, or things got really out of control, I show the guy the tool which the people were using to illegally distribute stolen content called HM Modeler, which is sold on SL Market Place for 0 L$, as a test on some of my very old furniture, and sculpt stairs, and a few of my old designs etc, and told him everything I knew about the distribution cycle which brought this all into our group. Now the problem is that he has made Blackmail threats towards me, accusations which can't really be proven without forging creators, and in general a bunch of really nasty other threats, and should I say said stuff in group chat which was not true about me such as I threatened to go into their region with alts and crash their region, etc. The only thing I told this person constantly is that this distribution of stolen goods in our group would give us a bad reputation as a group in SL, and our group would probably end up no longer existing if this were to keep up. Anyways a few other friends got involved with everything, and people who were in the group, and saw what was going on, and left, and made posts on other various blogs outside SL Forums, and in world, and posted crap about it on anti theft sites, which I got a big threat sent to me by im about all of this stuff  which included the Blackmail threats, and threats to file abuse reports with his friends which say things like I copy hairs, and their friends have seen it, and have made threats to all file abuse reports against my account for such. I have been in these type of situations before, and it did not end that good because my account ended up getting suspended 7 days for investigation, and given the fact that I own my own region which I rent out to a resident right now, and the fact that I manage two other estates, which get griefed at times I really cant afford to have anything happen which would cause me not to be able to provide support to my renters, and such, as I don’t trust anyone else to be on my estate lists or such. Also keep in mind that I did spend a lot of Linden helping my ex. group members buy legit items from a lot of various stores, and offered full freebies which I have over 20 thousand in templates I have legally purchased, and use under their Terms OF Sale, but all of this was pretty much declined by our group as again they wanted to take no actions to prevent what was going on, and are constantly inviting 1 day old accounts, up to like 60 days old into the group which has contributed to this.

1. I contacted the sim owner, and they contacted the actual founder paying the tier to let them know.
2. I have put in a support ticket on one of the creators sites which a bunch of this content was stolen from and waiting for a response.
3. I have finally removed the person from my friends list, and muted him after their last threats, and still refusing to take action against the distribution fo these items between new people in the group, or restrict inviting new people until this is taken care of.

The only thing I have not done yet is file the report, and I have not  got a response yet from the creator of the content, but that might take 24/48 hours.

Anyways so the questions are.

1. Should I file an abuse report against this person, who is making the threats towards me, and call his bluff, and his threats of having his group members file false reports, or should I just leave it alone as a few friends have told me?

2. Is there any way to get all the stolen that has been distributed in our group removed? I know a lot of the creators which items I have been given in my inventory in Second Life. Akeyo, Armidi,RQ,Truth,69,etc. These are all in a box, and need to be removed, any quick way of getting LL to do such, or do I have to contact each creator manually to have these items removed? I would generally just delete such, but the fact is that these have been opened, and distributed by many people in our group, and then some.

3. If I remember right when I read the Linden Lab TOS, and CS Linden Lab can't, and will not take action for any outside posts such as Myspace,Skype,Yahoo,FaceBook,YouTube, or any other social media site. Is this actually true, because some of the threats I have got in game due to some of the posts a few people have posted on other sites say that LL will get involved because of that, but I have talked to at least 3 other friends in SL, which have told me that Linden Lab will not take actions unless those links are posted in Second Life, or on Second Life forums, and such, but outside issues are the responsibility of the person hosting the service, and the LAW?

So maybe if anyone knows what I should really do here when it comes down to this type of stuff, any help would be appreciated, and also I just realize that I accidently posted this question under the wrong section of these forums yesterday, but it is awaiting moderation, so I do hope that LL does not actually post it, and Thanks.

3 answers to this question

1. Should I file an abuse report against this person, who is making the threats towards me, and call his bluff, and his threats of having his group members file false reports, or should I just leave it alone as a few friends have told me?

>> If that were me I wouldn't yield to threats, unless they were made by a Linden... there may be many reasons I'd rethink a particular position I held, being threatened would not be one of them. (if anything it would strengthen my resolve)

2. Is there any way to get all the stolen that has been distributed in our group removed? I know a lot of the creators which items I have been given in my inventory in Second Life. Akeyo, Armidi,RQ,Truth,69,etc. These are all in a box, and need to be removed, any quick way of getting LL to do such, or do I have to contact each creator manually to have these items removed? I would generally just delete such, but the fact is that these have been opened, and distributed by many people in our group, and then some.

3. If I remember right when I read the Linden Lab TOS, and CS Linden Lab can't, and will not take action for any outside posts such as Myspace,Skype,Yahoo,FaceBook,YouTube, or any other social media site. Is this actually true, because some of the threats I have got in game due to some of the posts a few people have posted on other sites say that LL will get involved because of that, but I have talked to at least 3 other friends in SL, which have told me that Linden Lab will not take actions unless those links are posted in Second Life, or on Second Life forums, and such, but outside issues are the responsibility of the person hosting the service, and the LAW?

>> as for 2 and 3, what I would do is seek out the advice of a Linden.  I'd go as far as to suggest you can say anything you want about a resident outside of SL and LLs domain and be very certain of that; however this is your account we're talking about and do you want to pin your account on what other residents think is a correct answer?   I'd visit a Linden during office hours, and spill it - leave it in their hands; then you can walk away thinking you did your best, you didn't yield to threats of blackmail, whatever happens happens... it's in the hands of Linden Lab.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Office_hours

Estimados sres.de linden labs,no paran de enviarme lindens,he intentado devolverlos a la persona que me los envia pero es imposible.Mi saldo real era de 250 lindens y ahora tengo 15.648 lindens-Por favor,les ruego recojan el dinero que no me pertenece.Muchas gracias por su atencion.Garlena

Date Time ID Prefix Detail Debit Credit Balance 01/25/2014 12:08:00 85532054 Source: JuicyMama40VNM 
Gift 
Region: Ocean Paradise    L$3,155   L$6,936   01/25/2014 12:05:05 62f6c9ec Source: Shockwave56 
Gift 
Region: Honeymoon    L$3,531   L$3,781   01/25/2014 12:04:52 42b8b501 Destination: Shockwave56 
Gift 
Region: Lost Heaven  L$3,531     L$250   01/25/2014 12:04:35 40cb468b Source: Shockwave56 
Gift 
Region: Honeymoon    L$3,531   L$3,781   01/25/2014 12:03:26 83ac2dc2 Destination: Shockwave56 
Gift 
Region: Lost Heaven  L$3,531     L$250   01/25/2014 12:00:39 49725425 Source: Shockwave56 
Gift 
Region: Jupiter    L$3,531   L$3,781   01/25/2014 11:56:31 6cbcb09f Destination: Commerce Linden 
L$ Payment 
Description: MKT2 Item Purchase Order #1342855324  L$1     L$250   01/25/2014 11:51:26 201a6372 Destination: Shockwave56 
Gift 
Region: Spinolds Flat  L$3,531     L$251   01/25/2014 11:49:41 6ff9b1cc Source: Shockwave56 
Gift 
Region: Enchanted Unicorn    L$3,531   L$3,782   01/25/2014 11:49:29 bd79b650 Destination: Shockwave56 
Gift 
Region: Spinolds Flat  L$3,531     L$251   01/25/2014 11:49:16 528af5e6 Source: Shockwave56 
Gift 
Region: Enchanted Unicorn    L$3,531   L$3,782   01/25/2014 11:48:49 80ac9267 Destination: Shockwave56 
Gift 
Region: Spinolds Flat  L$3,531     L$251   01/25/2014 11:46:32 047d7876 Source: Shockwave56 
Gift 
Region: Little Rascals    L$3,531   L$3,782   01/25/2014 10:48:47 d8df3495 Destination: SYSTEM 
Linden Adjustment  L$143,753     L$251   01/25/2014 10:44:55 6c71a412 Source: Stefan Ember 
Give Inventory    L$0   L$144,004   01/25/2014 08:54:37 b4faccd3 Source: evacaroline Ling 
Gift 
Region: Auburn Bay    L$143,753   L$144,004   01/25/2014 05:16:13 2b3f001a Destination: Commerce Linden 
L$ Payment 
Description: MKT2 Item Purchase Order #1342825965  L$120     L$251   Subtotals:   L$161,529  L$168,094  —

i got a promes thers a guy stalking me and tracking me trugh sl. becuse of that this guy tracks me he destroys my irl life and crushes my will to live . he hacked my accout 1 time and deleted all my stuff and hes tracking my every move sense then:matte-motes-crying:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.