Lost my account forever because of billing failure? What to do?

Barry Lapis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay, I decided to ask the other people here for help, since after submitting dozens of Support Cases, I got no answer what-so-ever. So now I am trying to dig a bit deeper into this and hopefully get this resolved at the end. So this is what happened:

About two months ago I received a message to my e-mail, telling me that there had been a billing failure when I was supposed to pay for my premium membership. In the e-mail I was told to log into my account and update my billing info during a week in order to keep my account active and not get it suspended.

I tried to log in every day of the week to update my billing info, but apparently my account had been suspended already, since I couldn't log in and just got this message telling "Are you having a little trouble with your password or security question? We can get this straightened out by talking to you. Please call us: (866) 476-9763 or you can submit a Support Case." (And I still get the same message) After that I've been sending dozens of Support Cases over, but never got any answer to them and since I am from Finland, can you even imagine how much calling over would cost for me? And all I have is this "prepaid" number, which costs like 5 euros per minute to call into numbers outside my home country.

So yeah, just wondering if anyone here can help me at all? Been a premium account user in SL for pretty much 3 years, used a lot of money for my account and then getting it suspended and not getting any sort of answer is pretty damn annoying, so in all honesty... what the f**k is going on?

1 answer to this question

Call them and call NOW.

For delinquent accounts that owe them money they hold the account after 7 days. 30 days after it is held the account is closed. 30 days after that (i.e. about NOW) they purge the account and you entire inventory is deleted... never to be seen again.

So if you want any chance of avoiding that you need to contact billing support by phone as soon as possible. They are the only ones who can help you at this point.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.