How can I determine the date of my billing cycle?

Ren Float

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am a Premium account holder and am considering buying land. I have looked at the tier fee page and have seen that the fee is based on the maximum amount of land held in a billing cycle. Obviously, I don't want to buy the land just one second before the current billing cycle expires, so how can I find out when that is?

Specifically, I joined SL on Sept 1, 2014. I became a Premium member on Sept 9th. I am looking at purchasing 2048 sq. m. which, if I understand properly, will cost me $15 USD/mo. If my assumption is correct, if I buy it tomorrow, I will be charged $15 on or about Oct 9. I'd prefer to own the land for the entire cycle (and not just a few days), so I need to know exactly when that is.

1 answer to this question

Your calculation is probably correct.  The way to check is to open your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> Account and look at your Account History/Statements to see when your most recent bill was issued and paid.

If you are about to become a first-time landowner, you may want to take Lindal Kidd's free class on land ownership/management at Caledon Oxbridge University in world. It's offered every Friday evening at 5 SLT.  Look it up in Search.  It's a good way to be sure to get off on the right foot.  Until then, take a look also at Knowledge Base articles that you'll be able to find by clicking the Knowledge Base tab above and then searching with the key word "land".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.