Latest SL update causing errors

Pawsia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Edited:

SL viewer is the first party one and latest version naturally

possessor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B970 @ 2.30GHz 2.30GHz

Installed memory(RAM): 4.00 GB

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

not sure If I'm lacking anything?

It's also a laptop and my internet is cable, naturally I turn the graphics to the lowest to make it easier for it to handle stuff

Let me rephrase my problem:

I needed to update SL so I did so and for some reason when I did I get messages of "failed to load [Gesture]" and "[Body shape] not found in database" and/or "[Attachment] not found in database]" so I looked it up and found it to fit under "inventory loss" so I followed the steps as far as I could before SL would forcefully log me out from the message build up so I get roughly 5mins to do them all which I managed to do them all in one go eventually but to no success.

Due to said issue I created an alternative account so I can continue to interact with my friends but the heck of a puzzle piece is that the alternate account is wearing Identical attachments(went out of my way to make sure of it) but it's not getting the same issue so I'm just  wondering if it would be an issue on Liden's end or my end?

By the way I really appreciate the feedback, assistance and so forth, and yes my SL force logging out is a common thing funny only when editing things with a shiny like texture

4 answers to this question

If you are getting an error message please post the exact message.

Yes it may be helpful to have the specs, go to Help/About Second Life and click on the copy to clipboard.

Please try to be more precise and less verbose, it makes it easier for someone who is not sitting in front of your computer to follow your description of the problem. Comments like "I got spammed by error messages..." don't help at all.

Pawsia wrote:

Ok so how it went was that I was in the middle of editing my avatar's attachments and like it usually does it crashed from trying to modify the texture, being a common thing I thought nothing of it and left it to calm down for an hour like I would usually do, however upon coming back it decided to update and when it was done and I was back in SL I got spammed by errors like items missing from database and some gestures completely failing to load.

Crashing from editing attachments is not normal. How often does it happen and with what attachments? You may have a corrupt attachment.

It's also not uncommon for a gesture to have some sort of corruption as well and I believe gestures load independently of the rest of your avatar so changing avatars wouldn't help. Remove all your gestures and see if that helps.

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

It also helps to know if you are using a laptop or a desktop and a wired or wireless connection between the computer and gateway and/or between the gateway and ISP. T-Mobile and other ISP’s use a wireless system to connect to you.

Without information all we can do is guess. That means you have to try all our bad guesses and eliminate them one by one. This is easier for all of us, if you give us good information to start with.

============

The type of problem you are sort of discribing is generally a connection issue. Having a good Internet connection is not the same as having a good connection to Second Life. Since your inventory is wonky, it is highly likely a connection problem. To troubleshoot it read: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Also: http://blog.nalates.net/2014/08/18/512k-internet-slow-down/

I am getting the same crap, I updated firestorm on teh 19th, i had logged in pop up( unabke to find aec shoe base) then i crash, no i am a deafult male test avi and now unable to load gesture pops up and i crash.. i created a entire new avi and everything is finei am a dj in sl, i have missed 2 sets and i was to dj a huge charity event homes for our troops. you lindens insist us keep our viewers updated.. Please fix these issues.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.