When I buy something from the online Market Place, how can I get it to my game?

Amaterasu Teardrop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

Items bought in the Marketplace would be in your Objects folder.  As long as your inventory filters are set so most recent items are at the top in the folder, you will find it as the first item in your objects folder.  You will then need to go to a sandbox to open the box.

Be sure if you are logged into sl that you're not in busy or away mode as this will cause you NOT to receive the item.

Cindy explained it perfectly. I just wanted to add that it's never a good idea to buy through the Marketplace/xstreet if you arent logged into SL. Why? Because if your messages are capped then your item will be "lost" and you'll have to contact the seller for redelivery etc.

Hello,

sorry that i have to correct you. Only the messages you got in local chat about the delivery can get capped. But this doesn't effect the item itself. The item will always be stored on the servers database. There is no limitation.

Probably he (sorry or she, i cant see ) was in busy or away mode when purchasing from marketplace, in that case the items will be dropped and lost without notice. Or the other possibility is that the marketplace couldn't contact the magic box for any technical issues. Anyways he has to contact the seller for redelivery as you already mentioned.

Marc Claridge wrote:

Hello,

sorry that i have to correct you. Only the messages you got in local chat about the delivery can get capped. But this doesn't effect the item itself. The item will always be stored on the servers database. There is no limitation.

This is incorrect. Inventory transfers can and will fail due to capped IMs. There is a JIRA thread open about this. Vote for it if you'd like to see this issue fixed.

I don't know about anyone else, but anytime I buy from the Marketplace, I have to be logged into SL to receive the item, or else as someone stated earlier - I have to contact the creator for redelivery.

Sometimes, the creators have terminals in their shop that will take care of the redelivery - so check their profile picks and store FAQ's though before contacting, as it could answer all of your questions.

And everyone is correct - you can not be away or in busy mode or the item gets kicked back, and again you have to contact the creator for redelivery. But most importantly ... just make sure you are logged into SL, not busy or away before purchasing and you won't have any problems.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.