Age verification - tried everything

Nimue Amiot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have come back to SL after a long long hiatus. I took an old ava from the shelve which always played adult. It is now close to 7 years old and I am fairly certain that when registering way past when I did not put I was 6 or so - as I am nearing 50

logged back in. Clicked the age verification altough it was said it is no longer necessary. Set the preferences to adult. Logged out and in. Put payment info on file. Logged out and in.

And whereas it shows in the preferences that I chose adult.... I cannot search for adult content....

Any more ideas? I am just about to be done with it.

TKs

Nim

I'm not sure what's going on, but since you say you've "tried everything", I'll suggest one more thing to try that maybe wasn't on your list.

Go to your world map, and search for Turtle Bay (or any other adult sim you know the name of).   Try teleporting to the sim.   It may stall the tp, and ask you if you wish to change your settings to adult .... just click "yes", and the teleport should complete and you'll be officially all grown up!  ;)

Good luck!

Since you registered with your real life information and birth date, all you need to do that is age related is to make sure you have selected the level of information you are willing to see in all these locations:

1) In the Viewer General Tab [ G ] [ M ] [ A ] - Check the desired options

2) In the Viewer [Ctr'-M] World Map Events: [ G ] [ M ] [ A ] - Check the desired options

3) In the in-world Search Window - Perform any search then check the desired viewing levels in the upper left area of the search window - [ G ] [ M ] [ A ]

4) In the MarketPlace click on the Show maturity levels Down Arrow and select the desired viewing options phrase. {Note: I find it interesting that you can select Adult Only as one of the options here}

Additional Note: Do understand that many Adult venues may also impose a "How Long Has the Avatar Been Created" restriction. This is to keep out griefers and in some cases, new persons [ noobies ] from these areas.

Carry on and have fun! :D

TundraFire Nightfire wrote:

Not just "Payment info on File". I had to buy something with my credit card before I could go to the adult region. This came up in a recent thread a while back. I don't know if that issue has been fixed or not yet, but it was a problem for quite a few people.

One of my alt account has no payment info on file. Yet she can go to adult regions.

So, payment info on file is not requirement for adult things.

However it is possible for the land owner to set the land so that payment info on file is required to enter that place.

But that has nothing to do with the adult thing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.