Graphics Card problem Windows 7 64 bit

Neronix Thistle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Right I had to wipe my computer as it was getting cluttered and slowing down, I had Second Life installed before doing so and it worked perfectly fine, no problems what so ever.

After rebuilding my system back to the way it was without all the mess I installed Second Life, but when I launch it says my graphics card is either incompatible or the drivers are incorrect/out of date. These are the same drivers I had installed before, same card, same everything, the graphics card is only a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4300 Series but it worked before without a problem so I dont see what the problem is, anything I can do to solve this?

9 answers to this question

Neronix Thistle wrote:

Right I had to wipe my computer as it was getting cluttered and slowing down, I had Second Life installed before doing so and it worked perfectly fine, no problems what so ever.

After rebuilding my system back to the way it was without all the mess I installed Second Life, but when I launch it says my graphics card is either incompatible or the drivers are incorrect/out of date. These are the same drivers I had installed before, same card, same everything, the graphics card is only a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4300 Series but it worked before without a problem so I dont see what the problem is, anything I can do to solve this?

So you had Windows 7 64 bit loaded on your computer before you wipe it out?

--Cinn

ATI dont have any newer drivers, thats the first thing I did was update all my drivers to the full by manually searching as windows is useless at that bit. I completely forgot about the updates for windows itself though, that could be the problem, Il go do that and Il report back once its done as it will take a while.

Thats where I went already, they dont have it on there anymore, luckily I already had it from when I first installed Windows 7 (Ive installed multiple times for a few different reasons), I always uninstall the current driver before installing a new one as its the easiest way to make sure its clean. Its probably the updates for windows itself that I need, Im hoping it is anyway, I had it set to automaticly update anyway, turns out they were at 20% downloading already but I live in a rural area so I dont get very good broadband and its taking a while to download them.

If software I just installed doesnt work, the first thing I do is Uninstall it and try again iincase there was a problem, so definately not that, turns out it was because I was missing windos updates, but now its saying my copy of windows 7 isnt genuine, whoopie another problem to try and solve, anyway thanks to who suggested the windows updates.

I've had that happen to me a couple times.  It happens when you wipe/format your drive and reinstall Windows from either a full license or upgrade disk and you've made some significant changes to your computer since the last clean install.  The Windows Activation sees the Product Key that your disk is licensed under and compares it to their data base.........in my case (and probably yours too) some of the hardware your computer had at the last activation is different than the hardware Windows sees now.  It appears to the software nanny that it's a different computer so it flags the installation as not genuine.  If other words MS thinks your Windows is a pirated copy.  A phone call straightens it out pretty easily..........the folks are really polite and will activate your product key for you over the phone.  Takes about 5 minutes after the hold time (which for me has always been fairly short.........like less than 10 minutes).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.