I keep crashing when I log no matter what viewer I am use.

Rhoslin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am having issues crashing no matter what viewer I use. Sometimes I might start to land other times it crashes before I even get that far. There is not an error that comes up or reason just says it has stopped working. I have not had any issues till the other day. Any ideas? I am using Windows 7.

The problem is not just my computer my husband is having the same issue on his laptop and it is newer than my desktop. Nothing has really changed I have never had a problem no since I started 2yrs or so ago. When it crashes it don't give a reason just say a problem has caused it not to work and it shuts down. Kind of like when a web page won't open and fails. Here is my desktop info. And Thank You In Advanced for your time and help. Rhos

Sorry to keep adding here not sure hot talk back to what yall have said. lol. So I was at my brother in laws house and he too has SL. So I figured I would try and it worked. So it will log into to my account on same viewer I have at another location but not at my home for me or my husband.

Asus CG Series

Inter(R) Core (TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300@ 2.50Ghz 2.50 Ghz

8 Ram

64 bit operating system

Intel (r) G45/G43 Express Chipset

8 answers to this question

Basically, look at what has changed on your PC, ISP or in SL...

So we can help your further, please update your question with the following information as follows: Select the Options drop-down menu to the right of your question and select Edit Question.

1) The make and model of your PC or Laptop

2) Your Operating System

3) The make and model of your computer's Graphics Card or Subsystem.

4) The Speed and quality of your ISP.

5) [Optional] A bag of Chocolate for the SL Answers Volunteers

6) The actual detailed error messages

Hello :) 

I do have same problem and here is my list... 

i crash everytime i teleport and voice keep crashing all the time giving me a message every minute about it 

1) The make and model of your PC or Laptop : Lenovo Ideapad

2) Your Operating System Windows 7

3) The make and model of your computer's Graphics Card or Subsystem. need help to find out (but never had graphic issues before)

4) The Speed and quality of your ISP. always good, i can surf the net watch movies and everything very fast

5) [Optional] A bag of Chocolate for the SL Answers Volunteers *hands a bag of chocolate*

6) The actual detailed error messages : no errors just the windows message says : Firestorm (or) Singularity stop working 

It is not only my computer my husband can't get on either he is having the same issue. When it crashes it just says something has happen to make it not work and shuts down. Kinda like when a web page don't open right. Nothing has really changed. I have had no issues for over 2 yrs. But here is what my putter has and my husbands computer is newer than mine. Thank You in Advanced for your time and help. Rhos

Asus CG Series

Inter® Core 2 Quad CPU Q8300@ 2.50Ghz 2.50 Ghz

8 Ram

64 bit operating system

Intel ® G45/G43 Express Chipset

1t hard space

You can find out and copy paste the info about your hardware at "Help"- "About Second Life" - the menu is different, depends on your viewer you are using. If the window is open, you can simply hit the Copy To Clipboard button and paste it to your post.

@Flo, I suggest you to open your own question, and not add questions at the answers part. It's pretty confusing for all. If you want to discuss something, then go to the forum part here:)

Sorry not sure hot talk back to what yall have said. lol. So I was at my brother in laws house and he too has SL. So I figured I would try and it worked. So it will log into to my account on same viewer I have at another location but not at my home for me or my husband.

Hi

my computer was stopping and and I had to retast it.

finaly I was told that the 64 bit computor, works best with only 4 gigs Ram as window only need that to work.

so I try that and it work.

but I also tested the ram.

on start up I press F9, and got a option screen, using the tab button I could pick which option to use.

and did a Memory test, my computor fail that, so I reduc the ram and retested it.

and the system pass, so now I only use 4 gig of ram, you could also check if there a 64 bit viewer.

hope that help you

good luck

byee

Rhoslin,

Sorry its taken so long to reply to your additional information - OK the bottom line is displayed by the the following graphic...

Capture-Intel G45-G43.PNG

For your Desktop PC - On the surface your PC has good specs until you get to the fact that is has a business only class graphics subsystem. You need to add a Nvidia graphic card to replace the anemic Intel ® G45/G43 Express Chipset. This is the reason your PC was affordable. Asus skimped on the embedded graphics chip set. The updates to the Viewer are getting more demanding so just on the edge chipsets will start to fail to run even in the lowest Graphics Mode.

First, try a clean reinstall of the viewer:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

Be sure to reference the comments sections in the above for additional OS dependant information

IMHO - A good match for that PC motherboard would be the following: [GeForce GTX 750 Ti] for $128.00 or thereabouts

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/4128305321330808373?biw=1680&bih=881&sclient=psy-ab&q=GeForce+GTX+750+Ti+++on+sale&oq=GeForce+GTX+750+Ti+++on+sale&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.74649129,d.cGU,pv.xjs.s.en_US.ZIOukfQmgko.O&tch=1&ech=1ψ=33wLVK-cE8OuogThpILYCQ.1410038942409.11&ei=W34LVJKIDMzmoASEh4BI&ved=0CJUEEKYrMAA

here are its passmark graphics specs:

Capture-gtx 750  Ti.PNG

Since the whole household is experiencing a connectivity issue:

You also have a bad Network Connectivity issue. Since it;s happening on all your PC/Laptops in the household you need to kick your ISP supplied Modem a few times by powering it off and then on again.. Be sure to turn off then on [Not Restart] your various PCs afterwards.

Also, I see this all the time in family groups especially if you all allow the household members to visit each others PCs, you may all be infected with a common network LSP redirector on each PC or a hijacked ISP modem if you allowed automatic updates to be performed from the downline PCs. If rebooting the modem doesn't work, get out the paperclip and reset the ISP modem back to factory settings and try again.

Others are sure to reply as well.

Good Luck.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.