I was Grief'd!

Spunji Core

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5023 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay so... Yesterday I was in a sandbox and a bunch of people where shouting in local chat. They shot something at me with launchers. I put phantom on (I use Emerald Viewer) because I expected something to explode but it didn't. I just called it off as stupid griefers that didn't do anything sucessfully. Went to bed, logged off. When and if my avatar would load (if I don't hit "ctrl alt r" it says a cloud) it is a female avatar with dark orange linden skin, and brunnette hair. It won't let me put any clothings, skins, shapes on my avatar. I cannot build, and whenever people get close to me, they also cannot build. I've sent many tickets and they go through my case within minutes and close it saying it's fixed when indeed it is not fixed, and tried to contact tech support one on one and they do not reply, and if they do they tell me to make more tickets about my counter and a Linden will help me, but help never comes. If I can't use my avatar that means what I paid money for, cannot be used. Therefore I am out a lot of money. This is my last hope of fixing it are the people on here. :/

6 answers to this question

Sorry to hear of your problem.

Have you fully uninstalled / reinstalled the viewer?

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/How_do_I_fully_uninstall_and_reinstall_Second_Life%3F

You could also try resetting your avatar.

Remove all clothes, hair, attachments including HUDs, AO etc

Viewer 1.23.5:

CTRL+ALT+D to show the Advanced Menu

Select Advanced > Character > Character Tests > Test Female/Male

Viewer 2:

CTRL+ALT+D to show the Advanced Menu

Select Advanced > Show Develop Menu

Select Develop > Avatar > Character Tests > Test Female/Male

This will reset your avatar to a default library avatar then just wear your normal skin, shape, clothes, hair, attachments etc. and hopefully you should be back to normal.

Nyll

Clear the cache. Path is preferences > network > push the clear cache button > apply > OK > restart the viewer > wait awhile it will restart automatically

Message was edited by: Faubio.Alter ......... this will get ride of that cloud till it fills up again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5023 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.