Switching main accounts

Matthew Tammas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hypothetically, if I have an account that was premium, and I started using another account (say to avoid baggage in the older one), can I upgrade the second account to premium and make the first an alt on it? can already established avatars be added as official alts of a particular avatar? Where do I find information regarding such on the website?

5 answers to this question

Hi Matthew,

Linden Labs treat each account as a separate account.

You can have both accounts Premium if you want but you can't piggyback a second account on a Premium account and get premium services for both. So, if you do not intend to use your first account much now, the one with the baggage, you could reduce it to Basic and upgrade your newer account to Premium unless you want to pay for two Premium accounts.

Currently, you can create as many additional Basic or Premium accounts as you want to pay for, with the following limitations:

• You can create up to five accounts per household.
  • You can create no more than two accounts in a single 24-hour period.

We do require that alt accounts adhere to all of our policies. For example, by agreeing to our Terms of Service (TOS) you agree to provide truthful and accurate information about yourself when you register for accounts — that includes not only your contact information and real name but also whether this is your first free Basic account or a new alt (see TOS section 2.1). People who do not provide truthful information risk losing their accounts.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alt_Account_FAQ#What_if_I_have_a_Premium_account_already.3F

Nyll

You can use the same email for both or give them different email accounts.  They can share payment info or you can specify different payment data for each.  In theory, if you go into your account management on the current premium, go to the area for changing membership plans, and select Basic, LL will not actually downgrade you to basic until your next premium payment comes due.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.