trying to change my email address and it wont let me please help thank you Angel

Aangel4U

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Hi Aangle4U,

You haven't provided us much to work on, other than you can't change your e-mail address. The most common problem people encounter is caused by a misunderstanding on the page on which you change your e-mail address...

https://secondlife.com/my/account/contact.php

Due to careless design by the Lindens, that page appears to be asking for your e-mail account password. What it really wants is your SL account password. The only place you should ever enter your e-mail password is in your e-mail program or web-page.

Now, if you've been entering your SL password and are still being rejected, you may be experiencing the same problem as the fella in this thread...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Account/Password-always-considered-incorrect-when-trying-to-change-email/qaq-p/2796686/comment-id/24948

I don't know if Darkinian got a resolution from LL on the issue. If you're experiencing the same problem as he, you could IM him and see if his problem was resolved.

If I've missed the boat entirely, come back to your question and edit it to provide more information. You can do that via "Options" over there on the right. Unfortunately, you can't contribute another post to this thread, once again due to careless design by the Lindens.

Good luck!

• Like 1

If you are using Internet Explorer, try viewing the page with a different browser.  Firefox works well.

If you have an ad blocker enabled, turn it off.

Try right clicking the page and choosing Refresh, it may make the Continue button show up.

If the page won't take your password at all, file a Support Ticket.  You might also try calling Billing at one of the numbers below.  Your email address may fall into their job description.

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.