HELP PLEASE!

Kailessi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am less than a week old on this account and I tried to get into certain sims and when I try I get booted back to my home. Do I need to be a certain amount of days old in order to enter adult rated sims? I have my settings already set to adult/mature. Does anyone have any insight on this?

2 answers to this question

A lot of Adult venues also require that your avatar be over a certain minimum age in Second Life, usually 30 days.  This isn't anything against you, it's a business decision.  Troublemakers and griefers often use very new, "throwaway" accounts for their mischief, so the club owners block them.

You'll just have to be patient.  Meanwhile, there are lots of Moderate and Adult places which DON'T discriminate against new avatars.

• Like 1

Hi Kailessi,

It sounds plausible that the sim you are trying to enter has a script that boots noobs. The behavior you described, that you arrive and then get send home, is consistent with a script that checks the age of arriving avatars and ejects those younger than some certain age. Although this is annoying, it does prevent griefers from returning on new accounts immediately after being banned from a sim.

You mentioned being less than a week old on "this" account, and I get the impression your main account is able to access the sim of interest. If that's so, I suppose you'll just have to wait (30 days is a popular filter time) and try again later.

Meanwhile, there are 25,000 other places to get in trouble in SL.

;-).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.