Why can't I receive or see my sent messages?

LyraaHeartstrings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This seems to be an account thing. I'm in the same group as my alt and I'm able to receive and send messages, going to my friends sim on my main account causes my firestorm viewer to crash but yet on my alt I can tp there just fine.

The day before this started happening, I was not able to see my friend replying to me in an IM which made it look like I was ignoring him while i was talking to him (At the time i thought he was afk but he was actually responding, I just couldn't see his text.)

I forgot to mention: I have already resetted my router and modem, I use a wired connection and I have reinstalled firestorm multiple times. I also found out this happens with other viewers such as singularity.

and the log I get upon crashing.

2014-08-07T15:20:58Z INFO: llcrashlogger/llcrashlogger.cpp(614) : LLCrashLogger::init: Loading crash behavior setting
2014-08-07T15:20:58Z WARNING: llcommon/llfile.cpp(127) : warnif: Couldn't remove 'C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm_x64\logs\SecondLife.exec_marker' (errno 2): No such file or directory
2014-08-07T15:20:58Z INFO: win_crash_logger/llcrashloggerwindows.cpp(271) : LLCrashLoggerWindows::init: Loading dialogs
2014-08-07T15:20:58Z INFO: win_crash_logger/llcrashloggerwindows.cpp(313) : LLCrashLoggerWindows::mainLoop: CrashSubmitBehavior is 0
2014-08-07T15:21:04Z INFO: llcommon/llapp.cpp(496) : LLApp::setQuitting: Setting app state to QUITTING
2014-08-07T15:21:04Z INFO: win_crash_logger/win_crash_logger.cpp(51) : WinMain: Crash reporter finished normally.
2014-08-07T15:21:04Z INFO: llcommon/llapr.cpp(73) : ll_cleanup_apr: Cleaning up APR

1 answer to this question

Check your Internet connection.  Specifically, try rebooting your router and, if possible, using a direct LAN cable connection from there to your computer.  It sounds as if you have an unreliable connection.

Beyond that, see other suggestions from the Firestorm support team at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_run_crash

Also, consider this more generic advice from Linden Lab ... http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Tools-and-Technology/Tips-for-Reducing-Viewer-Crashes/ba-p/2782068?utm_source=TechBlog&utm_medium=Story&utm_campaign=SocialCM

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.