Annexing abondoned land - Effectively doing it?

Cinder Roxley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hihi,

I've recently bought a couple different parcels in an area where much of the land has been subdivided to pieces. Many of which are abandoned. The one I'm standing on right now is next to my ~656m parcel, it's 48m, abandoned 2010/4/23. I know such things have been annexed before by neighbors by putting in a ticket. I'm wondering how I would go about doing this most effectively. The wiki doesn't give much to go on.

Have you done this before?

6 answers to this question

The best and only way is the support ticket:

Can I trigger an auction for this land  that looks abandoned?

If you find that a land parcel's owner no longer appears in search,  there is a possibility that the land may indeed be abandoned. If the  land is owned by Governor Linden, the odds are greater. If you have a Premium  account, you can submit a support ticket which includes:

1. A SLurl to the parcel's location.
  2. The concern that prompted you to investigate the parcel's  status.

In many cases, the land goes to auction if no owner can be  determined.

Will Linden Lab sell abandoned land directly  to me if my claim on it is good enough?

This can sometimes be tricky, but there are cases in which a Resident  may have a pretty good claim to abandoned land. These can include but  aren't necessarily limited to:

• The land I own borders three sides of an abandoned parcel.
  • The land I own completely encircles an abandoned parcel.
  • There is a parcel of abandoned land directly between my land  and another Resident's land, but the other Resident has stated that he  has no interest in owning the abandoned parcel.
  • The land must always be less than 512 square meters.

Remember that these parameters are only guidelines; each parcel is  considered on a case-by-case basis, and the Land Team may not sell the  land to you even if you meet some of the claims. In many cases, there's  no single Resident who has a very strong claim to a particular abandoned  parcel, in which case it goes to auction.

(http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Abandoned_Land_FAQ)

Hmmm, if someone adjacent to an abandoned piece of land wants it they should get first dibs at it, in my book the mainland is littered with pieces of land no one can use because they are usually too small or oddly shaped. Some of those bits and pieces will never be sold and that means less revenue for LL. (just a comment)

• Like 1

that's what i'm thinking too, and this area is littered with them! right in the middle of large parcels, small 16m holes poked in them, but they aren't abandoned, they're set for L$9,999 sale, the one i'm talking about is adjacent to me, and it's very odd. It makes it hard to teraform nicely. even if it was smoothed out, i'd be happy not owning it too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.