Unable to connect to simulator, nothing to do with rolling maintenances

Amarantha Lorefield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Greetings!

I'm having an issue since like 3 days ago... it keeps showing me "Unable to connect to a simulator" no matter how many times i try (reached to 50, within 2 hours)

a) No, not 'cause a rolling maintenance because it won't let me log Anywhere, nor my Last location (Zensuality) not even my Home (Mootbath), not even Pooley or Aqua, those everyone suggest.

b) Sometimes randomly it lets me in, but after at least 10 attempts more or less...

c) Happened for like 3 days everytime i try to log in, no matter the hour i try to log in...

I know i'm the only one with this problem, also tried with different viewers: Singularity, Firestorm and the SL Viewer (all of them updated), and also tried clearing Cache of course... also rebooting PC and modem..

Any idea of what could be the problem? :(! can't log in.. T_T

Thank you!

3 answers to this question

Please try logging into several other regions and report the results back to us here.

My region Firmament is usually pretty empty.

If you get this same issue no matter where you are trying to login to then you have a very poor Internet connection and need to deal with that ASAP.

Other options are mentioned on this thread: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Account/When-I-try-to-login-i-get-a-message-unable-to-connect-to/qaq-p/2778982

From http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Login-failure/ta-p/700109

Login failure

This article helps you identify your problem and choose an appropriate solution.

Before you start troubleshooting: First check Second Life grid status to make sure there are currently no known issues that prevent login.

Error messages

If you can't log in to Second Life, the error message may indicate the source of the issue.

Waiting for region handshake

The "Waiting for Region Handshake" message occurs when the Second Life Viewer does not receive an acknowledgement from the server.  The usual cause of this error is a firewall blocking UDP packets. Reconfigure your firewall to resolve this problem.

For information on how to configure firewalls, see: Using Second Life with a firewall.

Your account is not accessible until (date/time)

If the error states that you are already logging in (or out), then Second Life is still attempting to log out your avatar. Close Second Life, wait fifteen minutes, then attempt to log in again.

If you see this error message:

Login failed; Your account is not accessible until (date/time) 

— this usually means that your Second Life account has been administratively blocked. Short-term blocks (less than an hour) may be the result of inappropriate behavior inworld. Longer blocks are typically the result of abuse.

You will be unable to use Second Life until the indicated time; if that is more than an hour away, you will receive an email from the abuse team on the matter.  Be sure to check your spam filters.  

Linden Lab is unable to remove administrative blocks for abuse.

You cannot log into Second Life from this location

This error message may also appear as:

• Login failed.
  • Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer.

These messages generally indicate you have been blocked from the Second Life servers by Linden Lab as the result of:

• Documented cases of fraud
  • Use of Second Life by a minor
  • Exceptionally flagrant abuse activity

Note that someone else in your household may be responsible for this activity, not necessariliy with your account. 

If you believe that this is an error, submit a support ticket via the support portal. To help customer support determine what block has been placed and why, include in the ticket your Second Life account name and any Second Life accounts that log in from your location.

DNS could not resolve the host name

This error may also appear as:

• Host http not found 
  • Login failed. Unable to connect to a simulator.

These messages indicate that your computer has a general networking issue with the domain name service (DNS) that translates numerical IP addresses into human-readable ones.  

Confirm that you can reach internet sites such as secondlife.com, Google, or others.  Once your computer can connect to these websites, this error should no longer occur.  

Also check whether there is a wider issue with Second Life, as described below.

Usually, restarting your computer and your router will resolve this issue.   If not, contact your internet service provider.  You may also wish to try using Google's DNS servers to see if that will resolve the issue.  See Using Google Public DNS for more information. 

• Like 1

Just wanted to add my voice to the list of concerned.

As of a couple of days ago it is next to impossible to log in on this avatar.
I've tried a multitude of sims (including yours KarenMichelle), hours of the day, viewers, computers, dns servers, and even operating systems in case of a bad update.

Now I've tried with my husband's account and I can sign in immediately. Log back out and try to enter the same sim as myself and it says "Unable to connect to a simulator".
The other day I was able to get online after some 20 attempts but today seems fruitless.

As far as I know I have no active title.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.