experience_permissions_denied

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Am finally testing experiences now that Le Tigre is updated :) and have stumbled across the following;

I clicked No on the experience request and recieved a reason of 3 hence I was trying to capture it but the reason is actually 4 (Suspended by Customer Support)  Is there a definate way of capturing No?

Text output

[11:02] Object: 4
[11:02] Object: We didn't receive permissions from BlackMagi Darkwatch
operation not permitted

experience_permissions_denied(key agent_id, integer reason ){
        llOwnerSay((string)reason);  
        llOwnerSay("We didn't receive permissions from "+llKey2Name(agent_id) + "\n"+llGetExperienceErrorMessage(reason));    
    }

Thank you

Black

I also got a little stuck on 'Operation not permitted' the first time I tried out the exp.

You need to allow your Exp key on the parcel or estate.

In the beta project viewer, open up the About Land window. and then scroll the tabs over to the right to find the experiences panel. (that tab is hidden off to the right of the About Land floater)

Hi Gypsy

The experience is permitted on the parcel (found that one quite by accident!).  I was hoping just to catch if the agent clicked No on the experience permission dialog.  My first experience is a parcel teleport hud - if the agent can't (or won't) use the experience then I can send them a bog standard teleport hud as I am on a mission to be rid of teleporter pads.

The first time I tried the return code was 3 (wording above - which I find a little confusing). Perhaps would be clearer if there was a XP_ERROR_AGENT_REFUSED & whilst looking at the codes might also be nice to handle a time out if the viewer doesn't know how to respond to the dialog for instance?

Thank you

Black

Hi Dolphin

Ok, thank you for clarifying so the error message for XP_ERROR_NOT_PERMITTED = This experience is not allowed to run on the current region OR the agent clicked No.  I think you can understand where the confusion lays. IMHO  it seems to be 2 very different errors and whilst you state they were merged intentionally I believe  another XP_ERROR message would be better suited?

This is a breeze to work with though and future projects are being formulated even as I write this reply!

Thank you

Black

• Lindens

In keeping these together I tried to consider what action the script could take when handling this result. I could not think of any compelling case where they would be handled differently. If you think you have a common enough case (considering land you don't own) you might want to enter a feature request

Hello Dolphin,

I totally understand your intentions and to a point it makes total sense however, consider the following;

User Clicks No = user issue (let the user know)

Not permitted to run on region or parcel = region / parcel owners issue (let the parcel / region owner know)

I can't see where to request a feature on the jira so will leave it here.

Thank you

Black

Ideally, I'd like not only to know when a user clicks "No" but also when a user blocks the experience (or maybe when the experience_permissions_denied event fires because the experience was previously blocked).

This is because I'd like somehow to be able to tell the user that this is what he's done and, if he didn't mean to do it, this is how to undo it.  

I have found it pays never to underestimate people's ability to press the wrong button.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.